New driver

AirExpress...I'm a driver in TO ,and we were all offered driving jobs there with no seniority loss.
For the most part,most of the comments so far are true.I do think that we have it slightly better
than our US comrades except that they make almost $3 more an hour than we do.
It will be difficult to comprehend the logic behind how much work they assign you every day.
Don't let it get to you.Upstate said he skipped his lunch the first 30 days and I bet everyone else
did as well(including me)but you will eventually understand the mindset of the job.
When you do,take your full break on road,and never be afraid to call for help if you are over dispatched.

Once again thanks guys for all the great comments, I am one of the first 15 hires for a FT driver....not sure if there is any drivers that may have relocated as DS has stated. This center will be opening May 28th as that will be my first day on the road. Upon speaking to the manager in one of my interviews he said they expect 80-110 stops within the hours of 8am to 5,6, or 7pm depending on the area. One other question, will the diad tell you your next stop, or is it based upon memory from looking over the packages in your truck.

brownrod

Once again thanks guys for all the great comments, I am one of the first 15 hires for a FT driver....not sure if there is any drivers that may have relocated as DS has stated. This center will be opening May 28th as that will be my first day on the road. Upon speaking to the manager in one of my interviews he said they expect 80-110 stops within the hours of 8am to 5,6, or 7pm depending on the area. One other question, will the diad tell you your next stop, or is it based upon memory from looking over the packages in your truck.

Your manifest is in the DIAD. The manifest tells you where each package should be located on the truck.

DS

Fenderbender
will the diad tell you your next stop, or is it based upon memory from looking over the packages in your truck.

Here in Toronto we still do not have EDD,where the stops show up in order in your diad.
The packages (should) be loaded in order on the truck and a sequence number(should)be written on
each package which tells you what stop (should) be next.We seem to be about 3-5 years behind the US
when it comes to new technology,but the are some things we do have.One is telematics,which tells them
a lot of things,like number of backing incidents,driving with bulkhead open,or not using the seat belt.
Just do things exactly like you are trained, work fast and safe,and you should be fine.

Indecisi0n

Here in Toronto we still do not have EDD,where the stops show up in order in your diad.
The packages (should) be loaded in order on the truck and a sequence number(should)be written on
each package which tells you what stop (should) be next.We seem to be about 3-5 years behind the US
when it comes to new technology,but the are some things we do have.One is telematics,which tells them
a lot of things,like number of backing incidents,driving with bulkhead open,or not using the seat belt.
Just do things exactly like you are trained, work fast and safe,and you should be fine.

No EDD but telematics. Makes perfect sense!

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
No EDD but telematics. Makes perfect sense!

I C they have priority in order ! Logistics in what driver is doing but no logistics to help the driver. LoL.

I hope you do only get 80-110 stops . If not and you old school it on top of a blind route. U R screwed !

We run 140-180 stops plus 15-25+pick ups. Running blind and no EDD with the loads we get is not an experience I want to have.

Luckily , I running mothers day stops Saturday so off early 2day. Not sure if I got the better deal, will find out when Saturday is done.

The center manager said I should expect to do between 80-110 stops per day and also depending on the area while working between the hours of 8-5,6, or 7.