New driver

UPS_HOPEFULL

I was told I would be a full time regular driver. Hired on from the outside because the part time package handlers didn't qualify or didn't want the job. After online testing interviews and road tests im hearing I will be i guess what would be a relief driver. (Driving agent someone takes off) I leave to integrad this Sunday. My question is do seasonal, helpers, and relief drivers get sent to school too? Im just going I'm a full time regular driver

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
giphy.gif

Brisket

I was told I would be a full time regular driver. Hired on from the outside because the part time package handlers didn't qualify or didn't want the job. After online testing interviews and road tests im hearing I will be i guess what would be a relief driver. (Driving agent someone takes off) I leave to integrad this Sunday. My question is do seasonal, helpers, and relief drivers get sent to school too? Im just going I'm a full time regular driver

Yes.

35years

Gravy route
Did they tell you you will soon be working Saturday?

You may have lucked out and have a shot at a permanent full time position.
Or, they could be pretending you are permanent like countless others who have been deceived and have visited this forum.

The Driver

I drive.
You could be going for full time. I was hired off the street, in my full third year in progression. It happens. Work hard and be respectful and admit your mistakes.

I was sent to Integrad as well.

Wassups

You could be going for full time. I was hired off the street, in my full third year in progression. It happens. Work hard and be respectful and admit your mistakes.

I was sent to Integrad as well.
My first day was today. Are you sent to intergrad, or can you request it for more training? I really just need more time using diad so I don't do stupid stuff while trying to learn it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My first day was today. Are you sent to intergrad, or can you request it for more training? I really just need more time using diad so I don't do stupid stuff while trying to learn it.

If they put you on road already it is highly unlikely that they will then send you to school.

The DIAD will become second nature for you after just a few days.

john chesney

Don't know about any school it's been so long ago. Times have changed I think I was horseback with 200 stops strapped onto the horse

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You can't really do much of anything that you can't get out of with big arrow up, void, or escape.

Wassups

I kept freezing up and pushing the wrong button. I push big arrow up when I should have pressed big arrow down, or enter when I should have pushed big arrow up. I realize it was my first day. I told the on road sup that I need help figuring out the diad, they said, "yeah, you're gonna have to figure that out". They also said the safety guys could better help me with the diad. I think I read on some thread here that there is a diad game or some kind of diad simulator? I just bought the kindle ebook about the 10 question, but doesn't seem like there's anything like using the real thing. I just don't want to have to call a sup or manager every time I push a wrong button and can't figure it out.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I kept freezing up and pushing the wrong button. I push big arrow up when I should have pressed big arrow down, or enter when I should have pushed big arrow up. I realize it was my first day. I told the on road sup that I need help figuring out the diad, they said, "yeah, you're gonna have to figure that out". They also said the safety guys could better help me with the diad. I think I read on some thread here that there is a diad game or some kind of diad simulator? I just bought the kindle ebook about the 10 question, but doesn't seem like there's anything like using the real thing. I just don't want to have to call a sup or manager every time I push a wrong button and can't figure it out.
Best way to learn the diad is to be thrown to the wolves honestly. A few days and you'll be using it just fine.

Wassups

Yep, I figured as much. I understand big arrow up, escape, and void are good ways of getting out of something and starting again. Anybody else have any quick tips or things I need to remember?