New driver

Wareagle32

I’m a new hire off the street. I passed class last week and have been with an Sup for 3 days. I rode the route I’m suppose to be on this weekend but I’m still worried when I go on my on I won’t know what to to. I still don’t know how to use the diad very well but have gotten better. I’m trying to get my 30 days in just have concerns about everything. Please advise.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I’m a new hire off the street. I passed class last week and have been with an Sup for 3 days. I rode the route I’m suppose to be on this weekend but I’m still worried when I go on my on I won’t know what to to. I still don’t know how to use the diad very well but have gotten better. I’m trying to get my 30 days in just have concerns about everything. Please advise.

Roll Tide.

Box Ox

I still don’t know how to use the diad very well but have gotten better.

Get to know experienced drivers and ask if you can call them up if you don’t know how to do something in the board. Experienced drivers were glad to help me over the phone, but they already knew me from my years as a part timer. Your mileage may vary.

The Ringer

Best thing you can do when you first start is, If you know what route your running the next day, go to the dispatch computer and print out a manifest for the next day and map the stops u dont know, after a while u wont have to do this. Take it one stop at a time and dont freak out.

Box Ox

Best thing you can do when you first start is, If you know what route your running the next day, go to the dispatch computer and print out a manifest for the next day and map the stops u dont know, after a while u wont have to do this. Take it one stop at a time and dont freak out.

Yep. Bid and regular cover drivers for the particular area will be glad to circle start and stop points for neighborhoods, etc when they think there’s a cover driver in training who might be able to give them a day off for time with the family, etc.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
5A669113-5F8F-45FE-A3B9-C0C1AA123E7C.png

BrownThunder

Pee bottle is mandatory. The professionals use Gatorade bottles.

You absolutely want to drive the area this weekend or study it on maps. You've been with a sup so delivery points shouldn't be a mystery anymore for business stops.

Keeping your composure under stress is important with this job. You're new so it's a fail your way to success situation. You will likely die on the route and need to be helped (depending on your dispatch), but after a week or so it will click and you will kill the route. It will be a very rewarding feeling that you won't forget for a long time.

Indecisi0n

Pee bottle is mandatory. The professionals use Gatorade bottles.

You absolutely want to drive the area this weekend or study it on maps. You've been with a sup so delivery points shouldn't be a mystery anymore for business stops.

Keeping your composure under stress is important with this job. You're new so it's a fail your way to success situation. You will likely die on the route and need to be helped (depending on your dispatch), but after a week or so it will click and you will kill the route. It will be a very rewarding feeling that you won't forget for a long time.
Some trucks have the washer fluid Reservoir in the cab so you can just pee in that if you forget your bottle.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
SWIM FORREST, SWIM!!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

@dookie stain set this guy straight