New driver

PI2NK

Just got on as a TCD and am getting bounced around daily. With no prior area knowledge of where they’ve been sending me, i just follow Orion to a “T”. Having said that, i do miss the occasional business or two. So my question is, is there an EFFICIENT way to sort through edd to see what’s a business or resi and just how to go about tackling the route in general. Thanks!!

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Nope, just keep working as directed & follow orion 100% . Let the sups deal with the carnage they created. Put the ball in their court , sit back & watch it burn.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As a TCD it is hard to figure out which addresses are which unless you run the same route more than a just few days here and there. Just follow Orion and put the ball in their court.

PI2NK

Thanks for the quick replies guys:)

I really wish there was a way and/or option in the diad to see a list of just businesses like you can for your stops with time commits.....that way come later in the day, I could better gauge when to break off and know exactly what to hit when I do....

trickpony1

I really wish there was a way and/or option in the diad to see a list of just businesses....

I haven't been in pkg since before some of you were born but....can't you get EDD printed off so you can sort through it?

I would think mgmt. would help you on "blind" routes but then....

Ask some senior drivers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I haven't been in pkg since before some of you were born but....can't you get EDD printed off so you can sort through it?

I would think mgmt. would help you on "blind" routes but then....

Ask some senior drivers.

Yes, you can get a printout, but you still have to know which ones are which.

tempTCD2

If i dont know the route i open up the map on the diad and try looking for the commercial stops. Black squares are resis and the ones that look like little white buildings are the commercial stops.

trickpony1

We can track Grandma's package from point A to point B but we can't get a TCD a printout of business' on the blind route he just had dropped in his lap?

Amazing.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We can track Grandma's package from point A to point B but we can't get a TCD a printout of business' on the blind route he just had dropped in his lap?

Amazing.
If I had to go back to package , I’d kill my self ,, but I probably wouldn’t pass intragrad so there’d be no problem ,, a map and keys and a few days I’d have the rte down my way

Dumbo

When I go out blind I pretty much keep these priorities in mind.

1) NDA first
2) RDL, RDR or other bulk thats blocking the aisle
3) Rough sort
4) Follow Orion after that

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just got on as a TCD and am getting bounced around daily. With no prior area knowledge of where they’ve been sending me, i just follow Orion to a “T”. Having said that, i do miss the occasional business or two. So my question is, is there an EFFICIENT way to sort through edd to see what’s a business or resi and just how to go about tackling the route in general. Thanks!!

When they print out your edd, have them highlight the business stops? There is a function in the diad involving hitting the "z" key that will toggle between consigned name and address for stops. The problem is that the shipper has to enter the information properly for it to work.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
When they print out your edd, have them highlight the business stops? There is a function in the diad involving hitting the "z" key that will toggle between consigned name and address for stops. The problem is that the shipper has to enter the information properly for it to work.
It’s ridiculous that they can’t just put a 1700 commit time automatically on all commercial stops....

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It’s ridiculous that they can’t just put a 1700 commit time automatically on all commercial stops....

Some businesses are open after 5. If they put a commit on them, and you successfully delivered one after 5, it would still show as late. Why break off to drive 5 miles out of your way to get that convenience store done before 5 when they are open 'til 11?

PI2NK

Some businesses are open after 5. If they put a commit on them, and you successfully delivered one after 5, it would still show as late. Why break off to drive 5 miles out of your way to get that convenience store done before 5 when they are open 'til 11?

Touche. But still, a simple indicator like the R for signature required to indicate that its a business seems like a simple task that would make the world of difference.....

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
“They” should have the ability to alter commit times individually based on business hours

PI2NK

The fact that the technology is already in place to separate stops based on commit times suggest that it shouldn't be to much to then use that same process to separate them by stop type (busi/resi)