Underpaidslave92

As the title says I'm a new package car driver and am about 5-6 days in my qualifying period. I'm wondering if the "scratch" number is a real achievable thing because last Friday i had all my deliveries done before lunch and got all my pickups done on time (slightly before the scheduled time even) and i headed back to my center ASAP I knew i killed it that day. when i was called in the following Wednesday to drive again, I asked about that days times and asked specifically if I was close to the "scratch" time. My Sup told me i was " an hour and 15 mins over the allowed time", I'm thinking " how the :censored2: is that possible i finished my last scheduled pickup arly and headed back punched out within 15 mins lol... Also Today I made a :censored2: up and forgot to bring my 2 next day air packages back to the center in time for the air car.. I'm expecting an ass chewing tomorrow for sure but I'm wondering if this will make me disqualified? thanks in advance for anyone for answers. ** EDIT: another thing i was wondering .. after the day I finished early (last friday) I had about 125 stops.. today my first time after that they pushed my stops to 155 .. is this normal for somebody on their 5th day ??

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
5 days in...
You finished all your deliveries and pickups "on time" probably because they gave you a 7 hour dispatch.

Don't miss stops, don't have late NDA, don't miss the air dock deadline, don't get injured and don't get in an accident.

You got in so late you missed the air deadline... Pick up the pace!

MrFeeder

Grab a shop steward and ask your supervisors how your an hour over, if you believe that you shouldn't be. Have them explain step by step so you can adjust your pace during your 30

35years

Gravy route
Grab a shop steward and ask your supervisors how your an hour over, if you believe that you shouldn't be. Have them explain step by step so you can adjust your pace during your 30
Not when qualifying!!!
Run your butt off.
Don't go anywhere near a steward.
Stop messing up important stuff like getting air back on time.
No accidents, no injuries.
Be a shoe lick-er puppy dog for 30 days, then you can be a man.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not worth the time and effort.

Sounds like he had a light dispatch and even though he brought it back in he did not have enough work on the car.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It sure would be nice to get all the stops done before lunch. That's how it was back when we used to start at 8 and had normal dispatches. The summers were always light...No more.

barnyard

KTM rider
At 5 days in, under the current program, you do not even have an 8 hour day. It is possible that not bringing the NDA in will DQ you and you will not find out till day 29.

Bonbon

Well behaved women rarely make history
As a wife of a driver trying to make scratch I can tell you what I've learned so far...it seems to be this unobtainable goal. My hubby has yet to reach it. You'll go out and think you've had an awesome day just to find out the next that you were an hour or more over. Adding stops is very common as they don't start you with a full route to begin with. And quite honestly if you are busting ass, more residential stops might help your numbers. They did my hubby's. Helps to balance out the time lost on pick ups. If you really want this, get out there and bust ass, organize your truck on short lunches, get signatures at apartment buildings, know the diad well, and most of all be safe. There are some really great guys on here that will help you with ideas but also there are a lot of guys on here that will bust your balls for being a newbie, ignore them. Lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
As a wife of a driver trying to make scratch I can tell you what I've learned so far...it seems to be this unobtainable goal. My hubby has yet to reach it. You'll go out and think you've had an awesome day just to find out the next that you were an hour or more over. Adding stops is very common as they don't start you with a full route to begin with. And quite honestly if you are busting ass, more residential stops might help your numbers. They did my hubby's. Helps to balance out the time lost on pick ups. If you really want this, get out there and bust ass, organize your truck on short lunches, get signatures at apartment buildings, know the diad well, and most of all be safe. There are some really great guys on here that will help you with ideas but also there are a lot of guys on here that will bust your balls for being a newbie, ignore them. Lol
Ignore them..... like @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U ????