New DUI-E law in WA.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state’s new distracted-driving law

I've always been pretty good at not using my phone while driving, but I did use the diad while idling and even in motion a lot.

This will make that all illegal, even at a stop light! That's a real game changer for those who rely on that as a routine.

I did break the habit when telematics came out, but I know there were others who still sheeted pickups or checked the DOL in motion from time to time.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Just turning the diad screen on while driving is being recorded by UPS.
That info can be found and used especially in accident investigations.
The only thing they can see right away on reports are stop completes while in motion.

I used to grab the diad to remind myself what number I was going to next.
Just like you, I tried my best to limit that with telematics running.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I remember the first round of cell phone related driving laws here in Washington. It has made virtually no change at all in the number of drivers I see with phones in their ears. I doubt this will change that either.

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Some crazy woman almost drove me off the road on my way home from work tonight in a brand new BMW and it made me think, a ton of new cars have bluetooth handsfree standard now, why don't people use it? I love it in my vehicle.

This will make that all illegal, even at a stop light!
That's a habit I would like to break. I use a stop light to reply to texts occasionally. I justify it to myself by saying I'm not moving, but it really isn't something I should be doing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state’s new distracted-driving law

I've always been pretty good at not using my phone while driving, but I did use the diad while idling and even in motion a lot.

This will make that all illegal, even at a stop light! That's a real game changer for those who rely on that as a routine.

I did break the habit when telematics came out, but I know there were others who still sheeted pickups or checked the DOL in motion from time to time.
And all
Of this will make sure people are very accepting of self driving cars.

barnyard

KTM rider
I do not have a smart phone and have resisted getting one and one of the reasons is the potential to be part of the distracted driving problem.

wayfair

swollen member
I do not have a smart phone and have resisted getting one and one of the reasons is the potential to be part of the distracted driving problem.
I always keep my phone in the back... supes hate it when they're trying to call me.
I always tell them to message me over the DIAD

wayfair

swollen member
I keep it in my pocket and ignore their calls anyway and tell them we can communicate via Diad

I keep my phone in the back so that they can't accuse me of being on my phone at all.
I do have a Blue tooth speaker that hangs above me that does have hands free capabilities, but while driving you can't hear sheet.

Are you guys able to sneak in a Bluetooth speaker? I've got one it's like half the size of a loaf of bread, has 4 amazing speakers, and is waterproof and drop proof. It's a beast. I take it out backpacking / mushroom hunting in the rain and it's still like new.

Faceplanted

Are you guys able to sneak in a Bluetooth speaker? I've got one it's like half the size of a loaf of bread, has 4 amazing speakers, and is waterproof and drop proof. It's a beast. I take it out backpacking / mushroom hunting in the rain and it's still like new.
I heard the mushrooms with the purple rings are the best!!!

We don't gotta sneak anything in. Walk in with it... walk out with it. People bring radios the size of 80s boom boxes