New DVIR Procedure

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Starting Monday, we will no longer be required to fill out our DVIR daily unless there is something wrong with the vehicle. Is this everywhere?

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Starting Monday, will no longer be required to fill out our DVIR daily unless there is something wrong with the vehicle. Is this everywhere?

The FMCSA did make that rule change earlier this year, but UPS continued to make drivers fill them out.

It was coming for UPS to do this, and it looks like it may be starting.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm making $51.615 an hour when I return to the building, I'm planning on continuing to fill them out. And I will fill up the fuel tank and empty my trash as usual. That's beer money I don't want to give up!

Wilson

I'm making $51.615 an hour when I return to the building, I'm planning on continuing to fill them out. And I will fill up the fuel tank and empty my trash as usual. That's beer money I don't want to give up!

Stay hydrated and relieve yourself when you come into the building Now that's a scratch manuvore.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I heard about this Thursday night from an attendee of one of those infamous conference calls. Two of the OnCars knew about it tonight, two didn't.

UPSGUY72

Starting Monday, we will no longer be required to fill out our DVIR daily unless there is something wrong with the vehicle. Is this everywhere?

LOL That started last Dec 18 the date the DOT new rules on daily paper work requirements went in to effect.