New England supplement t.c.d. pay rate

Doubleparkedrunner

I've seen on here a few posters who are under the New England supplement and started out as tcd' is say that they were red circled at 85% top rate until progression caught up.

My question is : Is that still the case on the last contract from 2013-2018 ?

I've searched the master and then the New England supplement and it appears that the tcd rate for a newbie in New England is the same as the first year of progression in the master.

Hoping anyone currently in the New England supplement who started their progression in the 2013-2018 contract could help me out with this.

UPS Preloader

I've seen on here a few posters who are under the New England supplement and started out as tcd' is say that they were red circled at 85% top rate until progression caught up.

My question is : Is that still the case on the last contract from 2013-2018 ?

I've searched the master and then the New England supplement and it appears that the tcd rate for a newbie in New England is the same as the first year of progression in the master.

Hoping anyone currently in the New England supplement who started their progression in the 2013-2018 contract could help me out with this.

Per the New England Supplement... (Article 55, Section 4.)

(a) While performing cover for full-time seniority drivers part-time employees shall receive the applicable package car driver progres- sion rate of pay as provided by Article 41 of the National Master Agreement or his/her part-time wage rate whichever is higher.

Doubleparkedrunner

It is 85%.

But it doesn't say it's 85% of top rate in the master agreement. I've looked through other supplements and they have specific wording that states the 85% of top rate rule. but the most current New England supplement doesn't have such wording.
the problem I'm trying to nail down is that a handful of posters on here have said they are in the New England supplement AND have been paid the 85% rate and have been red circled when going full time.
The only thing I can think of is that maybe the older contracts had such language but then UPS got it taken out in the last
( 2013 -2018 ) contract.