New Express Courier

cosis

I have been with express for a little over 3 months now. I really like the job but have one complaint. Management does not send me out on deliveries very often unless it's on a Saturday. They act like they are not allowed too. Is there something that I am not aware of?

cosis

Yes part time in a smaller run-down station. Today I actually heard one of the managers say "I can't" when another courier asked if I could help him with his deliveries.

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yes part time in a smaller run-down station. Today I actually heard one of the managers say "I can't" when another courier asked if I could help him with his deliveries.
Are you a courier or courier/handler?
Just because you work for Express doesn't automatically qualify you to go onroad.

McFeely

Huge Member
Typically they only send PT drivers out for P1 if it’s needed. They will rarely send them out for P2 in my station unless we are short-handed or during peak.

If there’s not enough P1, you’ll work the sort, go home, and get paid minimums.

Nolimitz

you will need to bid into a full time slot as they open up. Will probably be a swing job, remember as a PT you can say no to "extra hours" as FT cant!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
you will need to bid into a full time slot as they open up. Will probably be a swing job, remember as a PT you can say no to "extra hours" as FT cant!
Policy changed years ago. PT can be drafted, too, unless they provide documentation of another job, school, or care for child or elderly family member.

dezguy

Ah sorry boss I made an appointment today based on posted schedule. Gotta go. See ya tomorrow!
Our management loves to make schedule changes, then send out a dads msg at 4, telling everyone to check the schedule, there are start time changes for tomorrow. Then they get pissy when people come in from on road and tell them to take a hike because they have other stuff they're doing and won't be there at the new time.

Sorry, I'm not rearranging my life because you guys decide to change things up and not give 24 hours notice.

Nolimitz

I'm FT, one year they tried to draft me to work on a Sat the 3rd of July at 2pm on Friday the 2nd via PP message. Sorry guys made other plans to be out of town. Piss on em.

Whats in the Box

Signing up on the Extra Hours signup sheet if you are available for the AM tells managers your are available. That could put you on First Overnight or overflow P1s or even helping on a rogue bulk.

dex 84

Getting hours when part time can be tough. When they do ask you to do something make sure you say yes and they'll be more likely to come to you again.

cosis

Signing up on the Extra Hours signup sheet if you are available for the AM tells managers your are available. That could put you on First Overnight or overflow P1s or even helping on a rogue bulk.

I do FO's sometimes. Unfortunately our station averages about 2 per day lol

cosis

Typically they only send PT drivers out for P1 if it’s needed. They will rarely send them out for P2 in my station unless we are short-handed or during peak.

If there’s not enough P1, you’ll work the sort, go home, and get paid minimums.

Yeah that is what I do pretty much. They do send me out on Saturday's. Also it does not help that we do not really have enough vehicles.

Purplepackage

Yeah that is what I do pretty much. They do send me out on Saturday's. Also it does not help that we do not really have enough vehicles.

Unless you’re in a big metro station the end of febuary/beginning of March is the hardest time of year to get extra hours as a part timer.

This time of year a lot of full time guys struggle to make 40 hours so basically any extra work goes right to them

Express Courier

I do FO's sometimes. Unfortunately our station averages about 2 per day lol
lol well if your station is that small I'd say you're gonna have trouble getting hours unless you go full-time. Possibly look for a swing position or maybe transfer to a bigger station if you plan on staying with FedEx.