New feeder driver

BusterBrown31

As a new feeder driver being hired from the street as a casual what am I to expect ? Already passed road test and pretrip will be starting in 2 weeks

BusterBrown31

You can expect to be laid off when someone like me moves from package to feeder.
Haha good one I know that I can be laid off at anytime but I'm willing to take the chance as I am getting my foot in the door and get a chance to prove my worth rather than not get any chance at all.

Over 70

Haha good one I know that I can be laid off at anytime but I'm willing to take the chance as I am getting my foot in the door and get a chance to prove my worth rather than not get any chance at all.

It's all about seniority at UPS, no matter how much of a super trucker you are

BusterBrown31

It's all about seniority at UPS, no matter how much of a super trucker you are
Yes I'm aware of that I'm just trying to see what's in store for me any tips that anyone has or advice that will impress supervisors and management I'm just grateful to have this opportunity and want to make the best impression possible so I can maybe one day become full time

oldupsman

Yes I'm aware of that I'm just trying to see what's in store for me any tips that anyone has or advice that will impress supervisors and management I'm just grateful to have this opportunity and want to make the best impression possible so I can maybe one day become full time

Just show up on time and be ready to work and bring the yourself and the equipment back in one piece.
You'll probably get some lousy runs and lousy equipment to start. But they really are begging for reliable
feeder drivers. Most likely a lot of long runs and or long hours. Prepare the wife and family. Alot of it
is about mental toughness.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Most likely a lot of early morning calls

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And don't get bent out of shape when guys and gals who have worked their way up the ranks of ups might give you the cold shoulder for awhile when they find out you are an off the street hire.... 30 years ago it was common, not so much now..some employees have a big issue about it...fyi

BusterBrown31

Well I've been Otr I'm single no kids so long hours is fine with me I will put 110% in I appreciate the reply good to know I'm very excited about this job never felt this way about a new job I left a good paying gig for this that's how bad I want it I know it's a great opportunity
Just show up on time and be ready to work and bring the yourself and the equipment back in one piece.
You'll probably get some lousy runs and lousy equipment to start. But they really are begging for reliable
feeder drivers. Most likely a lot of long runs and or long hours. Prepare the wife and family. Alot of it
is about mental toughness.[/QUOT
is about mental toughness.

BusterBrown31

And don't get bent out of shape when guys and gals who have worked their way up the ranks of ups might give you the cold shoulder for awhile when they find out you are an off the street hire.... 30 years ago it was common, not so much now..some employees have a big issue about it...fyi
Thanks for the heads up I appreciate it

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well I've been Otr I'm single no kids so long hours is fine with me I will put 110% in I appreciate the reply good to know I'm very excited about this job never felt this way about a new job I left a good paying gig for this that's how bad I want it I know it's a great opportunity
Let us know how it goes.... Too many posters come on here once or twice then we never find out what happens to them.!!

Indecisi0n

What's your waist size?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Let us know how it goes.... Too many posters come on here once or twice then we never find out what happens to them.!!
For every 10 of those, we get one Brownjake/Autozone !! Pretty much evens out, LOL

As a new feeder driver being hired from the street as a casual what am I to expect ? Already passed road test and pretrip will be starting in 2 weeks
You can only control what you can !!!
They tell you to do something, do it with a smile.
Always ask if they need anything else at the end of your shift.
If they can depend on you, they will remember you when you need them.

BusterBrown31

For every 10 of those, we get one Brownjake/Autozone !! Pretty much evens out, LOL

Got it thanks for the advice I appreciate anything I can get I'm willing to do anything they ask of me I don't want to blow this chance

BusterBrown31

What's a brownjake/autozone lol