New Ford F250's

ajj90

We have a couple of the new Ford F250's with a large box on the back... The thing is, the back door will NOT stay closed, if you go down a bumpy road or hit a large pothole boom, it's open. We've resorted to bungee strapping the door partially closed so we don't have to get out every few miles to close it. Is there anyone who has figured out how to rig these to get them to stay latched?

bacha29

We have a couple of the new Ford F250's with a large box on the back... The thing is, the back door will NOT stay closed, if you go down a bumpy road or hit a large pothole boom, it's open. We've resorted to bungee strapping the door partially closed so we don't have to get out every few miles to close it. Is there anyone who has figured out how to rig these to get them to stay latched?
Usually cargo boxes are built and installed by third party manufacturers. The name plate should be be on it somewhere and often they use third party door manufacturers who should have they name somewhere. Chances are your door spring is tight. Repeated use usually reduces the tension after awhile but if not you may have to find an overhead door installer to adjust the tension. Eventually rust and age will cause the spring to break

ajj90

Is this a ground truck?
Express
Usually cargo boxes are built and installed by third party manufacturers. The name plate should be be on it somewhere and often they use third party door manufacturers who should have they name somewhere. Chances are your door spring is tight. Repeated use usually reduces the tension after awhile but if not you may have to find an overhead door installer to adjust the tension. Eventually rust and age will cause the spring to break
We had someone come and adjust that, but it made it worse if anything, haha

Star B

White Lightening
Um... okay. I'm surprised they're giving you an F250 instead of like a sprinter or a reach. Is this the new W700 in the making, an F250 body with a box on the back? Or does this chassis have 4x4 capabilities?

Star B

White Lightening
Okay... it seems odd that Express is going the way of Ground with those type of chassis. I mean... everything is now being painted in Express orange so just looking at the color on the side of the truck isn't going to be a quick ID like it used to be.

dezguy

Okay... it seems odd that Express is going the way of Ground with those type of chassis. I mean... everything is now being painted in Express orange so just looking at the color on the side of the truck isn't going to be a quick ID like it used to be.
We have them up here for really rural and mountainous areas.

It will be fine

Is the latch coming undone? Can you just put a pad lock on it?

ajj90

Um... okay. I'm surprised they're giving you an F250 instead of like a sprinter or a reach. Is this the new W700 in the making, an F250 body with a box on the back? Or does this chassis have 4x4 capabilities?
It is 4x4... They replaced a couple of our old GMC panel vans.

Is the latch coming undone? Can you just put a pad lock on it?
The latches come undone yes, but no way to padlock it together as each door is its own latch if that makes sense

Sparky

We just got a new Chevy Express with the baby Duramax. 4wd would have been nice here during those snow storm where loads of sprinters and Freighshakers got stuck less than 1/4 mile from station

bacha29

The latches come undone yes, but no way to padlock it together as each door is its own latch if that makes sense
Sounds like it could be a little on the top heavy side if that cargo box is as big as it sounds.

ajj90

32756855980_65bdb8d8a0_b.jpg

For reference... and no, they are not fun to work out of at all.

Sparky

It's a 4x4. A lot more fun in the snow than a Sprinter or Reach.
I'll admit I'm going to miss ripping skids if they retire my truck off swap me to a sprinter. I was driving a Transit the other day and they are super tail happy when you turn off traction control. Almost like the old ice cream trucks with the 351s