New FT sup. 30 day qualifying.

542thruNthru

Wondering if this is happening anywhere else. Any new FT sup no matter what position has to now pass 30 days of driving. We have 3 in our building right now doing it and 2 more lined up to go.

SLIC8910

Haven't seen it here yet. In my center right now of 100 drivers we have 3 On Roads, 1 Dispatcher, and a Center Manager. Of those 5 full time supervisors, they have a combined one year of driving experience. That one year is one supervisor who was PT management, went driving, then went FT management on his year anniversary of driving. To no one's shock he's the only capable supervisor we have.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Wondering if this is happening anywhere else. Any new FT sup no matter what position has to now pass 30 days of driving. We have 3 in our building right now doing it and 2 more lined up to go.
That is an excellent idea , they know they can’t pass 30 days of driving so now they can start to thin the herd.
🧔✊

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
My set of grapevines shows that yes, they are having sups do a portion of the packet at minimum. but they are getting hand-guided through the whole thing with much more support than you would ever see given to a regular driver.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Lmfao we have some woman who was a pvd during this past peak season and her position now is “swing” on road supervisor I kid you not

542thruNthru

How does that work? Do they pay bargaining unit employees to stay home? Sign me up!
No, they put them on one of the designated training routes. At the moment we have a lot of vacations so no one is being displaced but even if that wasn't going on high seniority driver's would just take dead days.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The way it used to work here is they would give them one of the 1/6 slots and they had to drive through at least one peak so they were actually hourly employees during that time. I know of at least two who once they qualified told the company they were no longer interested in a FT management position and stayed on as drivers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The way it used to work here is they would give them one of the 1/6 slots and they had to drive through at least one peak so they were actually hourly employees during that time. I know of at least two who once they qualified told the company they were no longer interested in a FT management position and stayed on as drivers.
Literally the worst most pain in the ass to management driver we had when I started did this.

Was a pt sup that told them to pound sand after he qualified as driver lol.

Overpaid Union Thug

Literally the worst most pain in the ass to management driver we had when I started did this.

Was a pt sup that told them to pound sand after he qualified as driver lol.
That’s happened here. As well as OnCars begging to go back to full time driving. The latter is actually possible. But rare.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

For the longest time, every PT to Ft management had to do 90 days in pkg. We called them "90 day wonders".

That kind of went out the window when they started having to try and recruit PT supes in the parking lot after the shifts.

How many PT supes would even try now.... let alone make it ?

Yep. Had the same thing happen here. I remember one PT supe that everyone thought was a prick.

He went driving (to go full-time) and stayed in pkg until he got in feeders.

One day, I had to ask him why he did that.

He said "if I wanted to put up with that smilet on a daily basis.... I would have just stayed in the Marines."

Better, not bigger.

:biggrin:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They used to require FT applicants to do a seasonal period. That ended at least 5 years ago. They also used to require a college degree. Then it changed to enrolled in school. Then no degree required.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Good, maybe these sups will be better trained and a little less brain dead than these idiots.