New full time driver !

By The Book

Oh you mean put more work on the guys that already aren't compensated at all. Sure
At least we would have up to date contract information for the members, instead of not remembering what to say sometimes. The best I've been able to do compensation wise is to have my local absorb my monthly dues.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know it's "steward". Someone a while back on here thought it was Stewart. It was funny. I ran with it.
Sorry my best friend and his dad both work in Union shops and saw Stewart. I've told them at least 100 times but they still say it. So it kinda sticks in my craw.

By The Book

For the record, I was trying to get a rise out of BS. My dues are not covered, but maybe they should be for all the extra work we do for the local.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Thanks , still no real clarification haha. Can you ever get a straight answer here?
The "straight" answer is, it depends upon what your local union's jurisdiction is, because there are different plans and different "kick-in" dates.

In our local, it's four months until you get H&W. Other areas it is 1 year. Calling your local union H&W office and asking seems more appropriate than asking a bunch of randoms on an internet forum.

sowt23

As posted before call your local h and w office on Monday and find out I was made seniority in January and mine kick in after 500 hours make sure you find out how many hours you need to work a quarter to keep them also in case you are getting cut frequently due to lack of work or routes being cut

calcio56

Op- ask around about who the shop stewarD is and talk to him/her. Does your building have Human resources department? If you don't know, ask your supe.

My stewart is definitely an @$$ hat....but he is worse to management so it doesn't really bother me

ManInBrown

Op- ask around about who the shop stewarD is and talk to him/her. Does your building have Human resources department? If you don't know, ask your supe.

My stewart is definitely an @$$ hat....but he is worse to management so it doesn't really bother me
Maybe we work in the same center. Ha