New guy 22.4 Couple questions.

I'm a new 22.4 full time not seasonal, and just passed driving school. My first day driving is next week on November 8th. They are skipping ride alongs comletely, and I'm going straight to driving? couple questions: If you were me, would you request to ride with a supe/ do ride alongs for a few days? and how would you go about doing that? Also I just read a thread on here about being hired during peak even if you're full time. The guy was asking whether or not he would be fired afterwards. The thread had 82 replies. Half of them were bs lol and the other half said, you're screwed..they will fire you no matter how well you perform. Is this true? If so, I would really rather not waste my time or get my hopes up. So help a brother out with honest answers please. I'm 29 years old and worked like a dog all my life and outworked anybody i've ever met. Not bragging..its the truth.. so no doubt in my mind that I can do the work but is it a lost cause? Help a brother out

Sixth Punch Sense

Nobody here :censored2:ing knows, it's completely dependent on which building you work at and how well staffed they are for the rest of the year that isn't peak.

I'll take a guess though. Here seasonal drivers are paid $27 while starting pay for a combo is $20.50. So you cost $6.50 less an hour. They will work you to the bone and when peak is over they'll lay you off for 3 months and begin the qualification process which you will not pass because they don't need you. But I don't :censored2:ing know because I don't work in your building.

When you start ask you Sup who the Stewards are and talk to them.

Nobody here :censored2:ing knows, it's completely dependent on which building you work at and how well staffed they are for the rest of the year that isn't peak.

I'll take a guess though. Here seasonal drivers are paid $27 while starting pay for a combo is $20.50. So you cost $6.50 less an hour. They will work you to the bone and when peak is over they'll lay you off for 3 months and begin the qualification process which you will not pass because they don't need you. But I don't :censored2:ing know because I don't work in your building.

When you start ask you Sup who the Stewards are and talk to them.
Prechate it bud. I'm working preload at the moment until I start driving next tuesday.. been working the sort aisle. I've met one steward there. He seems to actually like me quite a bit so if i can get him to have a private convo with me about it tomorrow. Will any steward work?

Sixth Punch Sense

Prechate it bud. I'm working preload at the moment until I start driving next tuesday.. been working the sort aisle. I've met one steward there. He seems to actually like me quite a bit so if i can get him to have a private convo with me about it tomorrow. Will any steward work?
I would find one that is a driver

ToteHoarder

I’ve had helpers that became full time drivers. If you’re good at what you do they will work you.

Be liked, be humble, do the job right, don’t get hurt, don’t crash, and don’t steal anything. This job isn’t easy and it never will be.

Good luck.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'm a new 22.4 full time not seasonal, and just passed driving school. My first day driving is next week on November 8th. ................
You are Seasonal and will be bumped back part time after peak.
Regardless of your work ethic everything is seniority based at UPS. After peak sign EVERY bid sheet that goes up.

Oh.and a favorite trick of the bastids that are Management is to tell you to "work hard,and we'll have a place for you after peak" they want you to kill yourself and make them look good.