New guy getting sent home before me occasionally.

Rad

UPS is not a main job for me , just using it to pay off excess things , been here 2 years now and occasionally they’ll send a new guy home without asking me ... can I grieve this ?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
UPS is not a main job for me , just using it to pay off excess things , been here 2 years now and occasionally they’ll send a new guy home without asking me ... can I grieve this ?

I've heard the expression that seniority gives you the right to work, not the right not to work. That's how some places handle going home early. The same places also say that dead days (what we call request off days) should be assigned by seniority order. And that extra work is offered highest to lowest and forced lowest to highest. So, how does seniority not give you the right to not work? I don't know.

Roller252

Our center runs the same way. On days when we have an excess number of drivers to cover all rts we select request off days on the spot (RO'S) from the top down one hour before start time.

ManInBrown

Seniority affords you the right to work. Not the right to not work. Anytime I tried to fight what you’re going thru when I was in package that’s what they would always come back to. The hall agreed.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Seniority affords you the right to work. Not the right to not work. Anytime I tried to fight what you’re going thru when I was in package that’s what they would always come back to. The hall agreed.
Depends on your supplement. In the Atlantic they gotta offer in seniority order.

Staydryitsraining

Layoffs are given in seniority order. They should be starting at the top of the list and going down until enough people leave. If they are letting them leave before you talk to them first and let them know you would like to be sent home, if after they dont then file every time.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Layoffs are given in seniority order. They should be starting at the top of the list and going down until enough people leave. If they are letting them leave before you talk to them first and let them know you would like to be sent home, if after they dont then file every time.

what are you going to grieve that
you don’t want to do your job

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What they say and what actually happens are two different things, just sayin
Real layoffs always go from the bottom up, asking people to go home if they have extra drivers isn't a layoff people just call it that. If everyone said they wanted to work they'd have to find something for them to do.