New guy question

Cpaige304

How much does a dockworker with a cdl make on the dock and when driving. My terminal is small and all the drivers have been there 10 plus years and no one can answer that question I haven't gotten my first pay check yet and was just wondering thanks

Wiggle Wagon

c. Employees entering a full-time Local Cartage job after ratification (whether promoted from casual or as a new hire) shall be paid in accordance with the following progression when performing jockey, helper or dock work:
Start $14.63
Seniority $15.68
Twelve (12) months $16.72
Twenty-four (24) months $18.81
Thirty-six (36) months Top Rate
When an employee completes the above progressions he/she shall be eligible thereafter to begin receiving the general wage increases set forth in paragraph a. above.
d. Employees entering a full-time Local Cartage job after ratification shall be paid in accordance with the following progression when performing local driving work:
Start $15.05
Seniority $16.13
Twelve (12) months $17.20
Twenty-four (24) months $19.35
Thirty-six (36) months Top Rate
When an employee completes the above progressions he/she shall be eligible thereafter to begin receiving the general wage increases set forth in paragraph a. above.

Wiggle Wagon

So if you just got hired, $14.63 for dock work and $15.05 for city work.

If you have completed your progression, you should be at $15.68 for dock work and $16.13 for city work.

Wiggle Wagon

Absolutely. By the time you hit top pay, who knows how much we will be making. By that time, we will be into our next contract. If you did not receive a copy of the contract, there is a pdf file of it in full online, but this site won't let me post the link.