New guy thinking about becoming a package handler/loader-lots of questions

Yoter

Hi everyone-never knew this place existed until today. A little background on me-I am 31 years old, live in NJ, and am married (my wife also works) with a 2 year old daughter. I know a fair amount about UPS as my father is a retired driver-he put in 25 years with the company and retired about three years ago. I have a college degree and a white collar job I hate that I've been stuck in for the past eight years on account of the crappy economy and the fact that if I really want to move up/change course I need a Master's degree. Also, I work crazy hours and never see my daughter who we know spend a ton of money to send to daycare. For those reasons I'm thinking about trying to get a job as either a package handler or loader so that I can work at night, watch my daughter during the day, and hopefully, over the course of two to four years, earn a Masters online from Rutgers. At that point I'll look at getting back on a career track. I'd love to hear from other people who have been in similar situations. I just have a few questions:

-Are package handlers or loaders eligible for health benefits? Where can I find details on the plans?
-What are the typical hours for each?
-Is the tuition assistance as good as it sounds?

I should also add that I know that it's very physically demanding work. When I was in college I worked as a loader for "that other company" :funny: (it was closest to my school) so I know what the work is like, and I'm a very active person in good physical shape. The hours will take some getting used to, but I'll be able to handle it.

HomeDelivery

you are going backwards!

can you just get a family member to watch your 2 year old & pay them 1/2 of what you're wasting for daycare now?