New guy w/question for the vets!

soruchi

Hey guys/gals, let me just start out by saying this site sure has a lot of useful information! I just got out of the marine corps and am now a P/T preloader (loading the trucks for delivery) as a means of supplemental income for school (and a good workout). Had my first day yesterday.

I pride myself in doing the best job and I just wanted to ask if anyone had any tips, driver preferences and anything that would help me sort the packages effectively in the truck!

Any tips at all such as, where would be the best place to put the thin paper-like packages, would be appreciated (my guess would be on top of the boxes lol). Sorry if I sound like an idiot, I just wanted to get some experienced point of views. Thanks!!

over9five

Staff member
Welcome to Brown Cafe, Soruchi! You do not sound like an idiot, you sound like someone who wants to do a great job. This site is great, you'll find plenty of advice!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Hey guys/gals, let me just start out by saying this site sure has a lot of useful information! I just got out of the marine corps and am now a P/T preloader (loading the trucks for delivery) as a means of supplemental income for school (and a good workout). Had my first day yesterday.

I pride myself in doing the best job and I just wanted to ask if anyone had any tips, driver preferences and anything that would help me sort the packages effectively in the truck!

Any tips at all such as, where would be the best place to put the thin paper-like packages, would be appreciated (my guess would be on top of the boxes lol). Sorry if I sound like an idiot, I just wanted to get some experienced point of views. Thanks!!

Welcome to bc! I always like when my loader wegdes thin pkgs upright in the aisle if they are too large for the shelf, or for small flats try upright between/behind other pkgs so they stay put.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Hey soruchi,

Welcome to the BrownCafe!

You're most of the way home with the good attitude and wanting to do well. Keep it up and with some experience you'll be just fine!:peaceful:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Good to hear a guy concerned and willing to do what it takes!! Communicate with and listen to your drivers, they will be glad to tell you what they like. The key is neat and tidy, use the cube space properly(do not just throw a box on the shelf, then the next one just piled on top where ever it lands.) Stack them neatly, together and try to put multy package stops down below their original load location(as much as posible). I personally like at least 3-4 feet of empty floor space inside the bulkhead door. Allows me to get to air stops easily and try to deliver ground packages with air.

Key is to communicate, and try your best.

Sounds like you will be a great loader!! Good luck!!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Btw. Thank you for serving all of us and the rest of your country as a Marine! We are in your debt.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Btw. Thank you for serving all of us and the rest of your country as a Marine! We are in your debt.

Same from me. I'm a manager in the airline, so I don't know anything about loading, but I do know how to say thanks to a fellow veteran!
My advice, don't get wrapped up in the politics.
Regards,
DOL