New here..Help on deciding which shift!!??

Hello, I have the option to apply as a UPS Package Handler(Part Time) in one of the following shifts.

Sunrise/Preload 3:30am-8:30am M-friend

Twilight 5pm-10pm M-friend

Which one would you consider the least laborious.

Also, which one would you consider requires the shortest learning curve?

I really appreciate any advice. Thank you.

nystripe96

Twilight is the better shift imo. Much better in regards to a normal sleep regiment. Being home by 11 most nights is quite a luxury, at least for me :)

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Expect ANY and EVERY position on either shift, that you might get, to be laborious.
Also, expect any position you get now to be 'seasonal', meaning temporary. Expect your last day to be December 23 or 30. Maybe you can get rehired sometime next year on a permanent basis.
Shortest learning curve: unloading trailers on either shift.
Do you have transportation, and back-up transportation, to both shifts? Will there be traffic issues before or after either shift that will cause problems?
Are you a student with flexibility in scheduling classes earlier or later?
Do you want the health insurance benefits? Eligibility for that varies around the country. Unless you post what city/state you'll be working in, most of the advice you get from BrownCafe about that will be inaccurate/useless.
Is your goal to eventually be a full time delivery truck driver? If so, my recommendation is to work on the Sunrise/Preload shift, loading the delivery trucks (a 'preloader'). Do you want to be a tractor-trailer driver? You'd be better off applying to UPS Freight.

trickpony1

The decision may be made for you.
The more senior employees will already have the more desirable shifts that suit their needs.
The lesser desirable shifts always have openings such as the "midnight" shift and "preload".
I'm betting you "choose" the midnight preload.