New here!

Codeman

Hello all!
Just signed up here because i just filled out a application for being a package handler in greensboro nc. A hub is about 10 minutes from my house as i also just got my own pre owned car. 1st time too. anyways my shift i signed up for is day 12pm-5pm. My question is, I know you cannot bring your cell phone as that's not allowed. I wanted to know is can you bring your car keys and your wallet? Thanks!

Indecisi0n

Hello all!
Just signed up here because i just filled out a application for being a package handler in greensboro nc. A hub is about 10 minutes from my house as i also just got my own pre owned car. 1st time too. anyways my shift i signed up for is day 12pm-5pm. My question is, I know you cannot bring your cell phone as that's not allowed. I wanted to know is can you bring your car keys and your wallet? Thanks!
Yes you can. People do bring cell phones in but you just have to hide them in certain places in your body to get past the guard.

Codeman

Yes you can. People do bring cell phones in but you just have to hide them in certain places in your body to get past the guard.
Also i wanted to ask as well. I don't need to bring a resume right? Also how much is the pay for package handlers nowadays?

old levi's

blank space
Hello all!

That's the hub, and your enthusiasm will disappear like dew on the grass.

Avi

Also i wanted to ask as well. I don't need to bring a resume right? Also how much is the pay for package handlers nowadays?
Southern Florida area Starting Pay seems to be 11 dollars and hour. Not sure if changed this year or effects of the new proposed contract

Avi

I am not aware of any job that does not allow you to bring your car key and wallet with you. Plus you should be able to have your car key on you to be able to get back into your car lol

KoennenTiger

Bring your phone and a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones. Keep one ear in and one out and just work. Believe me you don't want to get involved in the lives of the hub rats that will surround you. You're 26 you are an old man you need a plan. And that plan can't be to find out which guy is a drug dealer and which other guy can hook you up with him.

Observer

He's correct. They do hire felons - worked with some. Was rather shocked. But I know that there is massive turnover. You're not here to make friends - you're here to provide income to pay your bills. Even though it will seem like a middle school atmosphere - this is a lot different. Tempers fly and you will see someone go to blows. Clock in - work - clock out. Repeat. If offered pizza take only 2 slices with a napkin - repeat only 2 slices. Enjoy your career. Congrats on owning your own car - one of the best financial moves you can make in life.

Codeman

He's correct. They do hire felons - worked with some. Was rather shocked. But I know that there is massive turnover. You're not here to make friends - you're here to provide income to pay your bills. Even though it will seem like a middle school atmosphere - this is a lot different. Tempers fly and you will see someone go to blows. Clock in - work - clock out. Repeat. If offered pizza take only 2 slices with a napkin - repeat only 2 slices. Enjoy your career. Congrats on owning your own car - one of the best financial moves you can make in life.

Holy crap, I didn't know they hired felons. I am still at my hub folks. Last week was my pre-senority meeting. We don't get actual food at my hub just water or popsicles. Whats with the only 2 slices of pizza thing?

mikejonesjr

Wtf are you working at the UPS hub in prison? It's not that serious. Most people make friends and I bull:censored2: with people all day to get by. Relax

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Owning a car one of the best financial moves you can make in life

Hope you don’t give out financial advice on the regular

SMH!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Holy crap, I didn't know they hired felons. I am still at my hub folks. Last week was my pre-senority meeting. We don't get actual food at my hub just water or popsicles. Whats with the only 2 slices of pizza thing?

The felons will beat yo arse you start hoggin the pizza