New Hire Absenteeism

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
There are people where I am at that show up at least an hour late every day,others that miss at least 1 day per week.Hell we have one guy that would show up 1 to 2 times a month mainly the first week of the month for union dues(For the whole 7months I've been there),he hasn't showed up in over a month and his name is still on the start time sheet my hub is a joke.We have a steward that misses almost every Friday but has the nerve to give someone a warning for missing a Friday (a Friday she missed BTW)

wilberforce15

I work here for the benefits. I'd still come in even enough to keep the job even if they didn't pay me. So, I call in as many times as I want until documentation forces me in. And since I'm older, ornery, and I can get them back in 1000 ways, they usually let me miss as much as I want. And that's a lot.

wilberforce15

This works the same in driving as well as the hub. If they think they have enough drivers, they'll fail everybody at day 29 for any reason or no reason.

If they don't have enough drivers to get the work out, they'll pass anyone and everyone who doesn't wreck.

Standards exist when you can afford to have them.

quad decade guy

Pretty sure you're going to need more that 1 ncns to get canned. Progressive discipline and what not. But what I mean if someone has attendance issues that's their business not mine. Maybe they will get canned for it. Maybe they w2-3 on't. I have my own stuff to worry about. Not going to stress about someone else's attendance.
You said 2-3 per week.....