New hire and still not working...

Ad1990

Hey everyone. My name is chris and I was hired about a month ago as a driver. I went to the week training and past with no issues. While I was gone, my supervisor was transferred and I guess they haven't filled the new supervisor spot. So when I got back they said they couldn't give me a route because I needed to drive with a supervisor a few times. So now, almost a month later, I call every few days with the same reply...and still no updates. I'm starting to get worried. If I don't work soon, I may not be able to pay rent. Is this normal? Is there something else I should be doing?

ManInBrown

You're depending on this to pay your rent? Bad move. You're a temp who is at their mercy. You have no guarantee of anything. You might work 5 days one week, and then not work again for 3 weeks.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If you haven't delivered before and you haven't worked inside the building, you are probably hired to work seasonally in the summer, xmas peak.
It's hard for any of us to tell you anything without knowing how that center is operating.

Ad1990

I'm not a temp. I work in a super small town in Wyoming. My route is 300 miles and only 30-40 stops. I'm the only delivery driver here. Currently, they pulled a temp driver to drive that spot. They are waiting for some upper upper person to get a new supervisor in.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm not a temp. I work in a super small town in Wyoming. My route is 300 miles and only 30-40 stops. I'm the only delivery driver here. Currently, they pulled a temp driver to drive that spot. They are waiting for some upper upper person to get a new supervisor in.
No one on this website can tell you when they'll call, unfortunately you'll just have to wait.

Ad1990

No one on this website can tell you when they'll call, unfortunately you'll just have to wait.
Right I recognize that. I just wasn't sure if this was something typical of this company, and if anyone had other experience with this. I desperately want this job but I'm not sure how long I'm expected to wait to start. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

PT Car Washer

Right I recognize that. I just wasn't sure if this was something typical of this company, and if anyone had other experience with this. I desperately want this job but I'm not sure how long I'm expected to wait to start. I appreciate everyone's feedback.
We had several Peak season drivers who have just started to come back to qualify. A couple DQed and are now working PT inside and driving on Saturdays.

jaker

trolling
Your post don't make sense now , off the street hires don't get a route and the route you are talking about all the senior guys would be all over

So really need some more info on who you are working for either ups ground or ups fright

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Chris, first things first, change your screen name to something else. Second, Don't give too much identifiable information on here. I will PM you about your situation. We met when you came up and rode with "P" for the day.

You were hired off the street and you already have a route? Your post makes it seem like you are a brand new employee to the company.
Your post don't make sense now , off the street hires don't get a route and the route you are talking about all the senior guys would be all over

So really need some more info on who you are working for either ups ground or ups fright

He is a new employee, hired for a satellite center that none of us were allowed to bid otherwise we would have been all over it. And yes, that route is as sweet as he is describing.