New hire and union initiation dues

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
so when I was first hired HR told me that it's 500 as an initiation fee into teamsters which was taken out weekly at 25 dollars until it was completed.

My last paycheck only 5 dollars was taken out as part of the fee. Anyone know what that could be all about? I didn't miss any work that week and had my usual amount of hours.

upschuck

The union requests the monies for UPS to take out of the employee's paycheck. Your only knowledgeable answer will come from the local hall.

PT Car Washer

so when I was first hired HR told me that it's 500 as an initiation fee into teamsters which was taken out weekly at 25 dollars until it was completed.

My last paycheck only 5 dollars was taken out as part of the fee. Anyone know what that could be all about? I didn't miss any work that week and had my usual amount of hours.
I can't believe $500 for an initiation fee. Ours are $20.

km3

I can't believe $500 for an initiation fee. Ours are $20.

$250 here. $25 for 10 weeks. Seasonal employees are also required to pay it. If they don't finish paying it off after being let go after peak, and they come back to work here (or any job organized by the Teamsters), they get to start all over again. Robbery.