New Hire Fulltime Dockworker w/ CDL expectations??

Hey guys brand new to UPS. My position is a Fulltime Dock Worker with CDL. I Worked with FedEx a couple years as a yard driver/switcher. I have my road test coming up in a few days and was hoping to get some insight as what to expect. What speed transmission is in the UPS manual trucks? Do they want you to double clutch? Is floating gears acceptable? I passed my CDL license test first try in a 10 speed. Will this test pose more of a challenge? Since I was hired from another company did they expect me to memorize and verbally announce aloud all components/parts for pre-trip and post-trip. I have worked for 4 companies since attaining my CDL and every in every company the pre-trip was done differently. Sorry for the ranting. Just nervous and not sure what to expect.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Hey guys brand new to UPS. My position is a Fulltime Dock Worker with CDL. I Worked with FedEx a couple years as a yard driver/switcher. I have my road test coming up in a few days and was hoping to get some insight as what to expect. What speed transmission is in the UPS manual trucks? Do they want you to double clutch? Is floating gears acceptable? I passed my CDL license test first try in a 10 speed. Will this test pose more of a challenge? Since I was hired from another company did they expect me to memorize and verbally announce aloud all components/parts for pre-trip and post-trip. I have worked for 4 companies since attaining my CDL and every in every company the pre-trip was done differently. Sorry for the ranting. Just nervous and not sure what to expect.
What you were hired for is what you will be doing.

Working the dock.

Not a bad gig.

Depending on your location and the need of drivers...

You could be sent to drive.

FYI...

And I tell this to everyone who gets hired with that position...

Keep your CDL tight lipped until your shoulder is tapped to go driving.

Good luck.

So no one knows what speed the transmissions are for their CDL trucks? I heard they are all manuel which I can handle, but since a road test is dictating my start of employment I would prefer to know a whole lot more regarding this test and the equipment I will be using to take it.

What you were hired for is what you will be doing.

Working the dock.

Not a bad gig.

Depending on your location and the need of drivers...

You could be sent to drive.

FYI...

And I tell this to everyone who gets hired with that position...

Keep your CDL tight lipped until your shoulder is tapped to go driving.

Good luck.
Thanks

quad decade guy

So no one knows what speed the transmissions are for their CDL trucks? I heard they are all manuel which I can handle, but since a road test is dictating my start of employment I would prefer to know a whole lot more regarding this test and the equipment I will be using to take it.
Smearing the folks you are poking for information won't help your cause......BTW...it's manual not manuel(he's picking strawberries...)(As we are told by Democrats...).

Since you are already qualified....should be able to figure out the road speed pretty quick....you do understand the test truck could be of many configurations or makes? Right? They aren't all the same.

I had NEVER sat in a feeder until I took my training....I had 2 days and then took my test.

Say, why are you asking us? Ask your sup trainer.....just ask him(it), good chance they won't know as ALL, yes ALL of ours have never driven a feeder except at Feeder sup school.

BTW, I NEVER learned the road speeds of our tractors....just like any vehicle with a MANUAL trans.....do it by feel and sound....nobody looks at a speedo or tach. I learned to drive a jeep this way or any motorcycle.

BTW, you'll do fine if you are who you say you are.....

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
All auto...

Clutchin days is done