New Hire - Honeymoon

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It's really quite simple. Do a helluva a job in those 2 weeks and they will be glad to have you back after your honeymoon. Partimers come and go weekly. No biggie.

klein

Für Meno :)
"Some people say, you know they can't believe, Jamaica we have a bobslead team. We have the One darice, and the one Junior, Yul brenner and the man sanka. The fastest of the fastest of Jamaican sprinters, respect the man Irv Blitzer"

Anybody remember Ben Johnson ?
Once considered the fastest 100 meter sprinter on earth ?
A Jamican-Canadian.
He got stripped of his world record, and his gold medals.
He tested positive for steriods.
He also lost his mansion, and fortunes.
Easy come, easy go (but in disgrace) !

The movie Cool Runnings, I was an extra in that flick !
I went on my day off, we got fed, (breakfast, coffee, lunch), and just had to stand by the bobsled and cheer the sleds on, as they slid by.
They paid $8.00 per hr, cash in an envelope - no taxes.
I only went on my day off, back then (1989 or 1990). Worked 4 x 10 hrs back then, and had Wednesday off...
So, I used that Wednesday to see how Hollywood films. I would have done it for free, the extra cash was a bonus ! And it was a full 8 hr day, too.
Mostly sitting and drinking coffee, too ! LOL (They had huge heated tents set up for us, to keep us warm - it was nasty cold out there, around minus 25F)

P

pickup

Anybody remember Ben Johnson ?

The movie Cool Runnings, I was an extra in that flick !
I went on my day off, we got fed, (breakfast, coffee, lunch), and just had to stand by the bobsled and cheer the sleds on, as they slid by.
They paid $8.00 per hr, cash in an envelope - no taxes.
I only went on my day off, back then (1989 or 1990). Worked 4 x 10 hrs back then, and had Wednesday off...
So, I used that Wednesday to see how Hollywood films. I would have done it for free, the extra cash was a bonus ! And it was a full 8 hr day, too.
Mostly sitting and drinking coffee, too ! LOL (They had huge heated tents set up for us, to keep us warm - it was nasty cold out there, around minus 25F)

K!

brownman15

all you can do is talk to your supervisor if they will let you off but i highly doubt it. if they don't let you off then you have 2 choices 1) go on vacation and be fired 2) cancel vacation and keep job