New hire (less than a week) and overslept one day so far.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Calm down bro. You might hurt somebody's feelings

I don't know why but I was sitting here patiently waiting for my little red alert thing to light up and flash across the screen. Then after about 5 minutes I realized you weren't speaking to me. You do realize that's 5 minutes I will never get back now right!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You say that now... You have no clue what goes on. I come here asking for advice and I get called boatloads of :censored2: and called an :censored2: for it. If need be I'd be glad to provide you with a picture of the alarm clock I bought the day this happened and I would also be glad to show you the numerous times I called my hub with no answer today. I want the same thing most successful UPS employees want, to do the best at my job. Ever think that the reason people don't do well is because of the stubborn mentality of workers like you. So why dont you go take your little sorry ass, have a :censored2:ing beer because its the 4th of July, and stop hijacking my thread on here. Youll realize how amazing the world is when you stop spending all your time on the internet complaining about millennials for doing the same thing you are doing yourself right now.

Waaahhhhhh!

john chesney

You say that now... You have no clue what goes on. I come here asking for advice and I get called boatloads of :censored2: and called an :censored2: for it. If need be I'd be glad to provide you with a picture of the alarm clock I bought the day this happened and I would also be glad to show you the numerous times I called my hub with no answer today. I want the same thing most successful UPS employees want, to do the best at my job. Ever think that the reason people don't do well is because of the stubborn mentality of workers like you. So why dont you go take your little sorry ass, have a :censored2:ing beer because its the 4th of July, and stop hijacking my thread on here. Youll realize how amazing the world is when you stop spending all your time on the internet complaining about millennials for doing the same thing you are doing yourself right now.
Relax a little don’t get so uptight. I gave you great advice. Now we’re going to :censored2: around a little.Its what we do to keep our sanity. I talked :censored2: just now about my own kids. You want some really :censored2:ed up ansewers call your supervisor or hr

Poop Head

Judge me.
I don't know why but I was sitting here patiently waiting for my little red alert thing to light up and flash across the screen. Then after about 5 minutes I realized you weren't speaking to me. You do realize that's 5 minutes I will never get back now right!
Hashtag confused.
Going to my safe space to watch Netflix on my phone, computer, tablet, Xbox, and smart TV.

john chesney

We earned the right to :censored2: with you.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Im a new hire as of alittle more than a week. I have always been on time and they can can already tell Im a hard worker. My last shift however I overslept and my phone which I used for the alarm didnt wake me up since it died. Am I about to be canned? I had off for the 4th and I dont know the start time for tomorrow and the HR rep who trained my orientation class has never gotten back to me on that. It just sucks because I am early for everything and this is a one time thing. I dont know if the sups know that though.

Any advice for tomorrow?
If you're 'fresh outa HS' you still have lots of time. Do yourself a favor and get the friend* out of UPS. If you don't have much money for any kind of schooling or training, take a visit to one of your local trade labor unions and see about getting into some kind of apprenticeship.

If you're 'fresh outa HS' you still have lots of time. Do yourself a favor and get the friend* out of UPS. If you don't have much money for any kind of schooling or training, take a visit to one of your local trade labor unions and see about getting into some kind of apprenticeship.
I dont have much money at all for school. Thats part of why I went to UPS. If I was to make a career out of it I dont see myself doing it any other way then some sort of diesel mechanic.

Calm down bro. You might hurt somebody's feelings
Maybe I might've overreacted. This job is just the one decent job Ive gotten my life thus far and I dont want to :censored2: it up. I used to work at Chuck E Cheese cleaning up vomit and dressing up as that goddamned mouse. I'd rather have worked at McDonalds than there, at least there Im making more than minimum wage. I know people sit here complaining about how 15$ isnt enough for a union contract this time, but honestly I dont really care personally. I am fine with the 11 I make now. THat being said if I had a family to support or some type of loan I needed to pay off I dont think that would support me in and of itself.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
This has to be one of my favorite posts. I can’t believe how soft people are. No wonder hot chicks dig me I’m one of the few real men left. Lmao
ADB8FEFD-3FFB-4FFC-A8AA-B36472D007AC.jpeg

barnyard

KTM rider
Just go in. It is really normal for a new preloader to occasionally over sleep. Very few are used to getting up that early. Don't make a habit of it and you will be fine.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
maybe it was dave.

can you retire and then after awhile apply again and be a new hire?

I oversleep all the time now. no alarm clocks. don't even know where my watch is.