New hire, package driver

optikz

Yes but... November and December doesn't count.
I was told by my steward the 30 days for my probation count towards qualifying but I can't join the union until after peak. so I'll be gaining seniority during the free period since I am a permanent full time hire they have been trying to hire for 6 months.

That's pretty much how I'm taking it right now. My supervisors are not telling me if I'm doing good but hell, theyre not telling me if I'm doing bad either.

I started off with 40 stops and now I'm up to 150. They don't call me back and ask me why I'm coming back at the time I put on the DIAD or the day after if I came back too late. I call my supervisor for a question about once or twice a week and so far I've had no problem making my commitments timely.

I was sent home on Monday and again today. Yeah.. It sucks and I'm taking a huge hit financially at the moment but I'm very confident that it's going to pay off. And if it doesn't, well.. That's life I guess.

Why did they send you home Monday and Tuesday?

oldngray

nowhere special
I was told by my steward the 30 days for my probation count towards qualifying but I can't join the union until after peak. so I'll be gaining seniority during the free period since I am a permanent full time hire they have been trying to hire for 6 months.

You might want to check on that. If you start before free period the days probably count but if you start during free period they don't. Or at least that is how it was in my local.

nextlife

I passed the driving test and DOT physical on Wednesday. I was told that as soon as they received my background results they would schedule me to go to driving school. I was hoping to go this coming Monday. Is there still a chance they could call me now and between Sunday afternoon, or is it too late? How long does a background check take?

cheers

BigD Bri

I passed the driving test and DOT physical on Wednesday. I was told that as soon as they received my background results they would schedule me to go to driving school. I was hoping to go this coming Monday. Is there still a chance they could call me now and between Sunday afternoon, or is it too late? How long does a background check take?

cheers

Didn't happen for me. Had the exact same situation, except the background was already done. At my center, the roster for the week for Integrad was set by the Friday before, so I got pushed back a week.. Like me, I'm sure you're bumming about missing a week's worth of that payrate that you could have had if they had gotten you in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Didn't happen for me. Had the exact same situation, except the background was already done. At my center, the roster for the week for Integrad was set by the Friday before, so I got pushed back a week.. Like me, I'm sure you're bumming about missing a week's worth of that payrate that you could have had if they had gotten you in.

I would have been more upset at not getting an extra week of training before Peak.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well you may be correct but Im keeping an open mind. Im photo-copying documents that show my employee ID, union status and permanent status from Day one. I plan to work so damm hard it will be impossible for them to get rid of me. If I have to live on that truck Ill do it. Ill have a cooler with plenty of food, large empty bottles (We know why) and a positive attitude. I know about the culture here but I plan to be a change maker. Im showing up 1 1/2 hours early every day to make sure my loads are correct. Pretrips, DIAds, everything good. If I fail - ITS MY FAULT.

This guys going to be a
"Change maker" LMAO

Change maker at the arcade maybe

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You do know that your first couple of days you are sent out with a six hour dispatch, not a real days work?
I never went out while new with a 6 hour day.... I might have had a couple less stops but it was within range of that route... And I did hit something and still made book....like I have said.. If they want you they will sweep Things under the rug to get you..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I never went out while new with a 6 hour day.... I might have had a couple less stops but it was within range of that route... And I did hit something and still made book....like I have said.. If they want you they will sweep Things under the rug to get you..

...and will continue to do so if they want to keep you...

The playbook calls for a six hour day for newbies