New Hire sent home

KyleBroz

Been at UPS for 4 weeks now, today, the FT sup said they had a full staff and did not need me or another girl (started on the same day) and report to work as usual tomorrow. I have not made it 30 days but am I still guaranteed 3.5 hours? They also had new hires working today before we were offered to work today. Also said I had 6 wrong cars (which i don't believe)

undies

You're their bitch until you make your way into the union. Until then, I suggest you try not to make waves, there's a line of folks out the door waiting to try and take your spot!

Indecisi0n

You're their bitch until you make your way into the union. Until then, I suggest you try not to make waves, there's a line of folks out the door waiting to try and take your spot!

Agree. Do whatever they say and don't ever complain. They use to tell me to call and see if there is work but instead i would just show up just in case something came up. I worked many days because of last minute call outs but it also made me look good. My boss said "You can just call in the morning instead of coming in" and I responded "It's not a big deal, i would rather be here on the spot in case you need me than have to wait for me to drive in." It worked, I am now FT. Now i don't work 1 second for free HAHA :happy-very:

Cementups

Box Monkey
You are not guaranteed your 3.5 until you make youre 30 days. And remember that days accrued in November or December do not count toward those 30 days.

Good luck.

UPSGUY72

You are not guaranteed your 3.5 until you make youre 30 days. And remember that days accrued in November or December do not count toward those 30 days.

Good luck.

Under the New England supplement they due if you work again within the first 60 days of the new year. Than your seniority date goes back to the first day you started working at UPS...

UPSGUY72

I have found in my dealings with UPS that if you stand up for yourself at all times, it works best for YOU. And that is who you have to look out for.

Bad advice. He hasn't made his 30 days. He is most likely considered a seasonal hire. Rocking the boat with out a life preserver isn't a wise move....

In my area he would be considered a seasonal hire meaning he isn't guaranteed any hours. If he worked one day in January or Feb he would be considered a permanent employee and his seniority date would go back to the first day he started working at UPS.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Bad advice. He hasn't made his 30 days. He is most likely considered a seasonal hire. Rocking the boat with out a life preserver isn't a wise move....

In my area he would be considered a seasonal hire meaning he isn't guaranteed any hours. If he worked one day in January or Feb he would be considered a permanent employee and his seniority date would go back to the first day he started working at UPS.
That is your OPINION that it is bad advice. This is not necessarily a "union issue". Standing up for yourself is perfectly acceptable. Going in early, working while not on the clock, texting management making deals would not be acceptable in my OPINION. Funny thing about opinions and everyone having one. Or more.

Indecisi0n

That is your OPINION that it is bad advice. This is not necessarily a "union issue". Standing up for yourself is perfectly acceptable. Going in early, working while not on the clock, texting management making deals would not be acceptable in my OPINION. Funny thing about opinions and everyone having one. Or more.

Sorry but your wrong. You think they are going to hire someone who they know their going to have problems with?

Do what they want and kiss ass. Make them feel like you are willing to do anything for them. Once you make book then you can do a 180 on them.

darang7677

70 days

U have too make 70 days its imperitive that u do not miss any dont call out show up ten mins early everyday once u makee union tel em to kiss ur u knw:eek:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

That flies in the face of "We need to raise the part time starting wage".