New hire union question

track rat

I am a new hire (Automotive Mechanic). I cant seem to find info on the new union contract for Virginia. I just want to educate myself before I step foot in the door on Monday. Can someone guide me in the right direction?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Worry about passing the PMI cert first. You have a while before a contract concerning you comes around. Welcome aboard to the big happy UPS Automotive family.

UPS Preloader

I am a new hire (Automotive Mechanic). I cant seem to find info on the new union contract for Virginia. I just want to educate myself before I step foot in the door on Monday. Can someone guide me in the right direction?

The new contact has yet to be ratified, but here is the link to the upcoming National Contract as well as the supplements:

2013-2018 UPS National Master Agreement and Regional Supplemental Agreements/Riders | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

Here is the link to the National Contract and the supplements that are currently in effect:

Download the National Master United Parcel Service (UPS) Agreement and Regional Supplemental Agreements | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

track rat

Worry about passing the PMI cert first. You have a while before a contract concerning you comes around. Welcome aboard to the big happy UPS Automotive family.

Please elaborate because I have no idea on what UPS acronyms mean yet. Sorry. I assume Preventive Maintenance Inspection. Is it just like a standard DOT inspection?

Thanks.....I am trying to get as much info as possible. My back ground is strictly fast paced retail.

track rat

The new contact has yet to be ratified, but here is the link to the upcoming National Contract as well as the supplements:

2013-2018 UPS National Master Agreement and Regional Supplemental Agreements/Riders | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

Here is the link to the National Contract and the supplements that are currently in effect:

Download the National Master United Parcel Service (UPS) Agreement and Regional Supplemental Agreements | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

Thanks

You will need to be able to recite these two phrases verbatim:

Parts On Order

OK To Run

(407, the Jenny thing is getting old. Dave)
Oh don't worry you mean nasty old man you got a lot more coming to you than that. I've been real nice to you since you came back. I campaigned for you to come back and then you pull that bull crap. It's on nancy. I've bent over backwards to be nice to you and it was for nothing. You are a mean lonely person who has this site and nothing else.
Congratulations on all you have going for you.

quamba 638

You will need to be able to recite these two phrases verbatim:

Parts On Order

OK To Run

(407, the Jenny thing is getting old. Dave)
Oh don't worry you mean nasty old man you got a lot more coming to you than that. I've been real nice to you since you came back. I campaigned for you to come back and then you pull that bull crap. It's on nancy. I've bent over backwards to be nice to you and it was for nothing. You are a mean lonely person who has this site and nothing else.
Congratulations on all you have going for you.

Calm down

track rat

Does anyone know where to access the current IAM/UPS contract? This seems to be some sort of top secrect info. I just want to see what I'm getting into. This is all new to me and new is sometimes scary when you have a family to take care of. Anyone?

I dont even see a contact number on the IAM website.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Please elaborate because I have no idea on what UPS acronyms mean yet. Sorry. I assume Preventive Maintenance Inspection. Is it just like a standard DOT inspection?

Thanks.....I am trying to get as much info as possible. My back ground is strictly fast paced retail.

Yes on PMI. You must master it and be able to demonstrate it to your supervisor before you need to know about the latest contract (which is most likely IAM and not Teamsters). Good on the fast pace experience. You will need it.

track rat

Yes on PMI. You must master it and be able to demonstrate it to your supervisor before you need to know about the latest contract (which is most likely IAM and not Teamsters). Good on the fast pace experience. You will need it.

I understand what your saying about getting certified first but my concern is not that. I also know if I don't get certified then the union questions I have are not important. My concern is I have never had any dealing with a union and really don't even know how it works. I just would like go see what I'm getting into. It's like buying a house in another state. I want to see what the property is like before I make a 30 year commitment. It creates additional anxiety when info like this is unavailable. I just don't get it.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I understand what your saying about getting certified first but my concern is not that. I also know if I don't get certified then the union questions I have are not important. My concern is I have never had any dealing with a union and really don't even know how it works. I just would like go see what I'm getting into. It's like buying a house in another state. I want to see what the property is like before I make a 30 year commitment. It creates additional anxiety when info like this is unavailable. I just don't get it.

It's been 11 years and I still really don't have a great understanding of how it all works. If you do make it, your Business Agent should be paying you a visit. Maybe he can answer what questions you have. All I know is they take a lot in dues and that the IAM leaves a lot to be desired compared to the IBT. Or you could ask who your shop steward should be and track him down.

Last edited: