New hire- what is the "no pull/sorter "position?

joe smoe

What are the pros and cons and what should I look out for. I am going through the training phase right now and just wanted to know what to expect so I could be a little ahead of the game.

Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Depends on what you're sorting. If you're sorting the main belt/primary sort then you'll have to move the packages to the left or right side of the belt or up or down the correct belt depending on what the label says before the packages get to the loaders. If you're doing small sort then you'll have to match numbers and labels by tossing packages in the correct bins or down the correct chute.

Just because the position says "no pull/sorter" doesn't mean they won't rotate you somewhere else.

joe smoe

Depends on what you're sorting. If you're sorting the main belt/primary sort then you'll have to move the packages to the left or right side of the belt or up or down the correct belt depending on what the label says before the packages get to the loaders. If you're doing small sort then you'll have to match numbers and labels by tossing packages in the correct bins or down the correct chute.

Just because the position says "no pull/sorter" doesn't mean they won't rotate you somewhere else.
Oh that sounds like what I did at amazon when we had to send packages down shoots to different lanes. Everybody wanted to do that job at amazon, But I expect to get thrown around like I did up there too. But I'm not going to assume that it will be easy like it was up there.

thaliloldsup

NE Division
I was hired recently too, on the website application it stated "unloader/loader" tue-sat. Showed up my first day and was placed into small sort & was told it's mon-fri now. So don't have any expectations, just go in there and do what they say and you'll be fine.
PS: Shows how organized they are at UPS :bored2:

joe smoe

I was hired recently too, on the website application it stated "unloader/loader" tue-sat. Showed up my first day and was placed into small sort & was told it's mon-fri now. So don't have any expectations, just go in there and do what they say and you'll be fine.
PS: Shows how organized they are at UPS :bored2:
My first day I showed up to the location I was supposed to go to then everyone looked at me like who is this guy lol. So they through me to unload. What happened was the person who was supposed to train me showed up late. So yea it is very unorganized.

Over 70

I'm a reg temp and I still can't punch in for preload, I write my hours down and check in with the Sup before I leave everyday lol. It's been weeks. Billion dollar a quarter company...