New hire

Brown_$$

Hello Y’all
I’m a new hire working as an unloader In CA. I’m wondering if anyone knows when I can put my name on the list to become a driver?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You can put your name anytime. Sign everything, but read what your signing up for as well. A lot of people are going to have more seniority than you but if they don’t have a clean driving record then they’re the ones waiting.

Let’s just say this. When I started, I started mid November during the holiday season. Got asked to stay on in January after the season. Signed a list and got full time in February.

Brown_$$

You can put your name anytime. Sign everything, but read what your signing up for as well. A lot of people are going to have more seniority than you but if they don’t have a clean driving record then they’re the ones waiting.

Let’s just say this. When I started, I started mid November during the holiday season. Got asked to stay on in January after the season. Signed a list and got full time in February.

That’s awesome! I’m hoping my luck is as good as yours. Do I have to go to HR to put my name on the lists?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
That’s awesome! I’m hoping my luck is as good as yours. Do I have to go to HR to put my name on the lists?
Different locations have different ways of bidding. Where I’m at, there’s a computer you bid on for part time jobs (loader, unloader, shifter, etc) and full time bids are a paper sign up sheet they post at the guard shack. I would ask someone who has been there a while where they post yalls full time bids.

AwashBwashCwash

I looked in the contract book and the 6 month thing I was thinking of was for bidding to a "preferred job" inside the building such as loader, unloader, car wash, et cetera.

I don't see anything about an amount of time you need to move to driver.

542thruNthru

I looked in the contract book and the 6 month thing I was thinking of was for bidding to a "preferred job" inside the building such as loader, unloader, car wash, et cetera.

I don't see anything about an amount of time you need to move to driver.

If you're where we are it's in section 26 of the Southwest sort rider.