new hires getting bonus

cachmeifucan

The new part time employees hired in -September-2017 and now are offered bonuses if they come every day on time it's 200 a week and equates to a 8 $ raise for some sorts and 100 for other sorts. Hey bug can you believe that.ir was supposed to end in January but I heard it still happening

cachmeifucan

No in my local you get health insurance after 12 months and 18 months for family. They can't get kids to apply because the minimum wage in crook county went up to 11 but the town voted to opt out. They have been hiring new hires but I promise they can't do the work this is the only place strike talk will happen. The starting pay is 10.10 I think but the bonus isn't fair to the guys who came before them.

cachmeifucan

I'm sure they are filing the correct paperwork I trust in our leadership and we are strong in our local from the top down to the stewards. They would not be able to hire anyone for 10.10 or whatever but they should of negotiated that in the last contract I'm surprised this issue isn't getting more replies

cachmeifucan

123_1.jpeg

TheFigurehead

I'm sure they are filing the correct paperwork I trust in our leadership and we are strong in our local from the top down to the stewards.

You are fooling yourself. If that were the case, you wouldn't be here trying to rally the troops around this issue... it would have been dealt with before it ever came to that.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You are fooling yourself. If that were the case, you wouldn't be here trying to rally the troops around this issue... it would have been dealt with before it ever came to that.
I know 705 and 710 and 804 have "their own little world"..but the fact is, all contractual wages are minimums, correct? I have never looked deep into their particular contracts.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know 705 and 710 and 804 have "their own little world"..but the fact is, all contractual wages are minimums, correct? I have never looked deep into their particular contracts.

Yes, contractual wages are minimums and there is nothing stopping the Company from either increasing wages or supplementing them with a "show up to work" bonus.

Inthegame

Are you sure L705 isn't dealing with this issue? Grievances need to go through a process that seldom results in immediate resolutions.

cachmeifucan

I'm sure our local is doing what they can. I'm very happy with the strength of our union. I think it should be covered by extra contract agreement and or disparage treatment. Meaning they don't treat everyone the same. Time will tell but I heard that the program goes on without it nobody would apply. The min wage in Chicago is 11$. Young people don't see the value of health insurance. Or pensions.

Observer

It's unfortunately a reality. Maybe they shouldn't put no rehire on the people who work peak. There a lot of good workers. The company did it to itself. Treat people disrespectful and the word will get out. The bonus' are unfair and I can't fathom why it is allowed. I was really hoping Hoffa would give it up - but no he won't. Company knows it can pull all kinds of stuff during the contract negotiations year and every time it gets worse and worse. Now I know why people call it the "good old days".

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
The new part time employees hired in -September-2017 and now are offered bonuses if they come every day on time it's 200 a week and equates to a 8 $ raise for some sorts and 100 for other sorts. Hey bug can you believe that.ir was supposed to end in January but I heard it still happening
I think I saw in Hawaii they were giving $750-1000 bonuses to new hires who showed up every day on time during peak.
Thoses bonuses are bs and should be parceled out to long term hires first. We don't have education programs in my area which is also bs. I already have a degree and use it in my other job but it'd be nice to get a bonus, stock options (better than a 5% discount. If verizon can give employees 50 shares of stock for a Xmas bonus, hell I'll take 10-20 UPS), or education assistance instead of hey, our start time will vary. It might be 3:00 am, or it might be 12:30 am. We'll post a sign by the punch out clock by the end of shift. Have a nice afternoon. Occasionally, we get disgusting Egg McMuffins that we get as a treat to eat while shuffling 100+ packages an hour, or finish them after shift and risk food poisoning or sharing with the friendly neighborhood rats. This company and the union in particularly is going down faster than Monica Lewinsky, and I don't even know if I want to stick around for the latest contract buttplugging