New Important Policy Rumor/Buzz

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Word is that they are rewriting policy to allow management to freely restructure any and all routes into PT. If your route falls into this category, you can either downgrade to PT or bid on a FT job in JCATS. This would be R1a's prediction come true, except that instead of diverting services to Ground, Express would be restructured as a basically PT company, which has been Fred's dream for a long time. Either way, Fred gets his way, and has his way with you.

My source sounds like it's for real and that this is already happening in several stations, perhaps as a trial run.

Thanks, you effing Weasel! FedEx, the company that cares.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Word is that they are rewriting policy to allow management to freely restructure any and all routes into PT. If your route falls into this category, you can either downgrade to PT or bid on a FT job in JCATS. This would be R1a's prediction come true, except that instead of diverting services to Ground, Express would be restructured as a basically PT company, which has been Fred's dream for a long time. Either way, Fred gets his way, and has his way with you.

My source sounds like it's for real and that this is already happening in several stations, perhaps as a trial run.

FedexCares

This is interesting and it could explain a lot of what is going on at my station. I'm not going to comment right now until I see how it all plays out a bit more but there has been some crazy stuff taking place.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They already have trouble keeping people. Stirring the pot MFE?

I realize that there is a huge churn, but I don't think they even care any more. FedExcares is probably at one of the stations where they are trying it.

Me? Stir the pot? Never. This is from a management source.

bacha29

They have and will continue to do whatever they damn well please because they are no restrictive covenants in place that gives them pause or stops them all together except one The boxes are sitting on the dock and nobody shows up to haul them away. Converting to PT's are simply a way of making the conversion to contractors later on a more readily acceptable alternative to part time employment . They are making a killing off of contractors over at Ground so don't think that they aren't laying the ground work for a similar set up at Express. Just give it time.

Sparky

I'll just roll into it and do the pm route in my area every day instead of when I feel like it while I wait for that job offer

Purplepackage

Wow so you're telling me that fedex could my 11 hour days in 5-6 hour days? Sign me up, I'm in

dex 84

"I can't come in early, I have class."

"I can't stay late, I have to get to my other job."

"I'm part time, I just want to work my regular hours and go home."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Was he calling from the payphone at in the rec room Langley Porter?

Here's the difference, Denial. TTKU, OK? The routes are being restructured almost exclusively into PT routes vs. a simple restructure that changes the route but keeps it FT. See the difference?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Here's the difference, Denial. TTKU, OK? The routes are being restructured almost exclusively into PT routes vs. a simple restructure that changes the route but keeps it FT. See the difference?

I'd be more inclined to believe it if you could somehow work Ground roller trailers full of internal documents with the manifests of Ground pkgs that are traveling on Express planes and Express pkgs that are being delivered by Ground drivers. If you're going to go down that road again, then by golly, go down that road!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What district are you in mr fed ex

He is purposely elusive about giving details that would expose his identity, then he says he doesn't care if they figure out who he is because he has money/options/whatever and the job doesn't matter, then he says he throws out "intentional red herrings" to mislead people.

Good luck!