New, in probation after season

Aspiring Jenga Master

I've just been hired and I'm on my probation. As I come in and work two and a half to three hours a day I was wondering as a part-time employee are we guaranteed a minimum number of hours or can they bring us in for an hour and a half to two hours?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
As the others have said; no lip, work as directed, volunteer for more work, keep a track of your hours worked ( do not assume UPS will keep your paid time straight ) and when your pay does not match up, still say nothing.
Then when you do make it, be a quiet mouse for a while.
It is important that UPS sees you as a hard worker and not as a problem.
The main thing with UPS is that it is impossible to win every fight, so pick your battles carefully.

LadyNole77

I worked seasonal (PVD) and last day of work for me was January 14th. I called HR for my area last week and they told me they are still reviewing all the stats/recommendations from supervisors from peak season and should know this coming week who they will be offering long term employment to. I still have all the items/equipment that I was given when I started and asked HR rep what I should do with it and was told just hold on to it. I can still log in on employee login and it loads the route page. It seems like my chances are good just wanted some other input. I know that there is a process and i am more than willing to work my way up.

PT Car Washer

I worked seasonal (PVD) and last day of work for me was January 14th. I called HR for my area last week and they told me they are still reviewing all the stats/recommendations from supervisors from peak season and should know this coming week who they will be offering long term employment to. I still have all the items/equipment that I was given when I started and asked HR rep what I should do with it and was told just hold on to it. I can still log in on employee login and it loads the route page. It seems like my chances are good just wanted some other input. I know that there is a process and i am more than willing to work my way up.
Always looking for more PT help.

Emmit23

Pvd? As in Providence? Or as in personal vehicle? You cannot continue personal vehicle after peak. So it would have to be a different position!

LadyNole77

Pvd? As in Providence? Or as in personal vehicle? You cannot continue personal vehicle after peak. So it would have to be a different position!

Yes PVD. I know it would be a different position I'm just hoping, with those things I mentioned considered, that those are a good signs I'll get a long term position. I appreciate all the input and info from everyone.

D

Deleted member 77202

Yes PVD. I know it would be a different position I'm just hoping, with those things I mentioned considered, that those are a good signs I'll get a long term position. I appreciate all the input and info from everyone.
Has anyone from Human Resources e-mailed you yet and asked you if you're still interested in working for UPS?

Writing this on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
You said earlier that your last day of peak work was January 14th.
Ya hear anything?