new, injured

harris87

I started paid training on Oct. 11th, Nov. 15th I was in a car accident, broke my foot and won't be able to put weight on it, let alone work, for 6-8 weeks. Haven't heard anything back from HR yet, don't know if this is a FMLA type of thing or what, and/or if any contract even applies (was hired after the cutoff date for 'seasonal' employees).

Any advice? I'd like to have a job to return to.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I started paid training on Oct. 11th, Nov. 15th I was in a car accident, broke my foot and won't be able to put weight on it, let alone work, for 6-8 weeks. Haven't heard anything back from HR yet, don't know if this is a FMLA type of thing or what, and/or if any contract even applies (was hired after the cutoff date for 'seasonal' employees).

Any advice? I'd like to have a job to return to.
Doesn't sound like you made seniority, so my guess is no job waiting. Then again, it depends on your UPS franchise contract. Stuff happens and I'm sure if you were a "good worker", you may be invited back. I "good worker", because that also varies from franchise to franchise.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
harris87,

Welcome to the BrownCafe! Sorry to hear about your dilema and broken foot.

You need to talk Human Resources and or your supervisor to see where you stand.

harris87

It's more like hobble at this point :P ...I try to take the crutches and walk around outside, but the whole apt. complex is on a hill, so there's steps everywhere.

Hopefully I heal quickly, maybe get back and do small sort or something less demanding for a few weeks between when i can stand again and when i can actually move again.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
It's more like hobble at this point :P ...I try to take the crutches and walk around outside, but the whole apt. complex is on a hill, so there's steps everywhere.

Hopefully I heal quickly, maybe get back and do small sort or something less demanding for a few weeks between when i can stand again and when i can actually move again.

If you come back, they will only take you when you have a full release.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Good luck, keep us updated wherever you may [-]stand[/-] sit or hobble..:wink2: