New into feeders, on call with a question?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They said if we're not guaranteed any work we could opt out of work, work the sort, or go to package. If your not qualified for package, then I don't see how that's possible. I just figured since I'm feeder qualified that they will make a big fuss for me trying to get my 30 days in while I got the chance. I've worked the sort for 8 years and trying to find a way to never return.

If you are not pkg qualified your options of pretty simple-----work on the inside or sit at home.

You would not be eligible for unemployment as you were offered and turned down work.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
They said if we're not guaranteed any work we could opt out of work, work the sort, or go to package. If your not qualified for package, then I don't see how that's possible. I just figured since I'm feeder qualified that they will make a big fuss for me trying to get my 30 days in while I got the chance. I've worked the sort for 8 years and trying to find a way to never return.

I figured as much, but how many sort hours would they give you? Your PT hours, or your guaranteed 8, as if you were Feeder driving?

Nockahate9

I figured as much, but how many sort hours would they give you? Your PT hours, or your guaranteed 8, as if you were Feeder driving?
I could only get my guaranteed 8 hours by double shifting. Only run a preload and twilight here. Don't care too much for coming in for about 4 hours, every 12 hours.

Pickles

If you're PT, you're guarenteed 3.5 hours. Provided you're not an airport employee. Then you're guarenteed nothing.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
What if there was no work in the feeder dept, and you went to the hub...and say 6 or 7 hours later feeders called because they had to cover a run? You'd have to turn it down. That would not go over well with dispatcher on duty. I was lucky. I was only on call a short time when I started, then got stuck with a crappy job and nobody wanted to bump onto it. It didn't matter to me as long as I wasn't bumping off boxes anymore. All things will pass, grasshopper. Work will be here soon.

rkctkc

I went from package to feeders about 2 months ago, I primarily work in the hub now. I am at the bottom of the call list so if I don't get a call by the start of night sort I come to work in my browns. I'll work the night sort and then preload. Sometimes they call me during night sort and I just leave the area I'm in to go.

Nockahate9

I went from package to feeders about 2 months ago, I primarily work in the hub now. I am at the bottom of the call list so if I don't get a call by the start of night sort I come to work in my browns. I'll work the night sort and then preload. Sometimes they call me during night sort and I just leave the area I'm in to go.
When you work the sort, do you punch in the same way as the sort employees or do you punch in on IVIS?

UPS4Life

Are you getting inside top rate for working inside and if so is that carrying over to feeders once they pull you from the inside for the day?

We always used the ivis, punch in go on other work then when your done hub sort your slick and which sort

Sent using BrownCafe App

rkctkc

Are you getting inside top rate for working inside and if so is that carrying over to feeders once they pull you from the inside for the day?

We always used the ivis, punch in go on other work then when your done hub sort your slick and which sort

Sent using BrownCafe App

Yes I still get the same rate. If I try to punch in ivis it will tell me I don't have a schedule starting within the next four hours and can't punch in

Pickles

Doesn't work if you've already punched in to do hub work. Paper timecard and they'll punch it in the computer.

Get paid for the day whichever the highest rate is for the jobs you are doing that day.