budlight

hey friend* face
You can dim the dash with the little roller that's under the light switch. Most of the tractors in my building have electrical tape over the engine brake and other bright lights.

I think some of the IVIS screens are defective. Most of ours get pretty black if you auto-dim with the top right button. Others are a bright black if that makes sense. I usually cover thise with a towel or jacket.

It dims the dash, but does nothing to the blazing white lights of the gear selector or ivis glowing away. Not sure where you are, but when you're driving in pitch black and you have a glowing light in the corner of your right eye, it's a serious distraction. Not too bad on a day run, but how many of us have white man hours? A constant glow is detrimental to night vision. There aren't street lights on interstates I drive on and that blinding light makes it hard to see. I end up covering mine with a beanie, jacket, something, but sometimes, you don't have that opportunity. Certainly not arguing, just stating a fact that when the screen turns off on ivis, there is still a significant light source.

Johney

It dims the dash, but does nothing to the blazing white lights of the gear selector or ivis glowing away. Not sure where you are, but when you're driving in pitch black and you have a glowing light in the corner of your right eye, it's a serious distraction. Not too bad on a day run, but how many of us have white man hours? A constant glow is detrimental to night vision. There aren't street light on interstates I drive on and that blinding light makes it hard to see. I end up covering mine with a beanie, jacket, something, but sometimes, you don't have that opportunity. Certainly not arguing, just stating a fact that when the screen turns off on ivis, there is still a significant light source.
Huh?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
It dims the dash, but does nothing to the blazing white lights of the gear selector or ivis glowing away. Not sure where you are, but when you're driving in pitch black and you have a glowing light in the corner of your right eye, it's a serious distraction. Not too bad on a day run, but how many of us have white man hours? A constant glow is detrimental to night vision. There aren't street lights on interstates I drive on and that blinding light makes it hard to see. I end up covering mine with a beanie, jacket, something, but sometimes, you don't have that opportunity. Certainly not arguing, just stating a fact that when the screen turns off on ivis, there is still a significant light source.

So you're saying the IVIS still distracts you on a day run? Dude you got some sensitive eyes!

If it's that bad loosen the back and turn the screen to face away or down. Takes about 5 seconds to move it.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Well it's not my truck, I'm still a cover feeder driver. I'll suggest to regular driver on Tuesday. Thanks for the tip.

I think some of them are just bad. Most of our new KW tractors I have no issues but there are a few that my wife can't understand anything I say.

You also need to check the mic for electrical tape...not joking, I've found them covered in tape a few times.

budlight

hey friend* face
No, night time. I don't have a run and I'm not about to disturb some old timer's stuff. Once the sun peaks out no biggie. Until that happens, it's a strain.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Are they going to be a phone type unit like they have been using in pkg???
1517472978333960678075.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Look to the left of the stereo, see the black tape? That’s the red light I’m talking about. Driver covered it up because at night he said it’s way too bright.
Some egghead that never really worked for a living, designed it... Typical. You would think they might ask a few real drivers what they need in these things?

The newer back up monitors in the package cars are the same way, blinding at night. The first generation had a know that could turn the brightness way down at night.

Trucker Clock

Is anyone running/testing the new IVIS? I’ve seen it, played around with it, but it was a tester that was being shown to me.

A couple of our tractors had the new mounts for the new IVIS installed in them, but no IVIS.

They had to put tape over the red light on the dashboard because it’s so bright.

At least your mechanic had a little pride in what he does and centered your IVIS holder in the circular recess in the dash. He also placed the brightass LED light so as not to blind the driver.

My mechanic apparently takes no pride in what he does. He just slapped my IVIS holder on the dash, cockeyed with the recess, and put the LED so that it shines right in my eyes. And yes, those things are bright. Imagine it shining into your eyes all night long.

He is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I have a piece of tape over it now, but will make them move it when we get the new phones.

20180131_215907.jpg