New Jersey lawsuit settlement-2nd notice

Tofaute et al

If you are a class member and are disenchanted with your settlement or would like information about the case, such as why counsel HAD to send a second notice, why the hearing was delayed to March 14, etc. I am a named plaintiff and can give you more insight as to what is going on. Please Inbox me for information.

bacha29

If you are a class member and are disenchanted with your settlement or would like information about the case, such as why counsel HAD to send a second notice, why the hearing was delayed to March 14, etc. I am a named plaintiff and can give you more insight as to what is going on. Please Inbox me for information.
In early January I submitted my formal objection base on several points. Plaintiffs are very lucky to have a second opportunity to file formal objections. Remember you have to send letters to the judge.as well as counsel for both the plaintiffs and the defendant. if the paltry settlement isn't bad enough counsel for the plaintiffs Leonard Carder wants a 30% cut out of the overall settlement which is the maximum allowed under the law. But in the end contractors will sit back won't put the work in to write letters of objection but when they see their parking meter change size settlement they will be bitching a blue streak looking for someone to blame.

dmac1

How many drivers are in the class? I see the named plaintiffs got $15,000 as compared to $10,000 in Oregon. I didn't see the addendums that state how the award is to be calculated. What is the approximate weekly amount? I did see that the complaint originally stated more causes for action. It seemed to me that the Oregon attorneys didn't understand as clearly the amount of outright fraud was involved in the original promoting of FXground/HD. I even offerd to find the original ads when HD was looking to start before day 1 and they had no interest.

bacha29

How many drivers are in the class? I see the named plaintiffs got $15,000 as compared to $10,000 in Oregon. I didn't see the addendums that state how the award is to be calculated. What is the approximate weekly amount? I did see that the complaint originally stated more causes for action. It seemed to me that the Oregon attorneys didn't understand as clearly the amount of outright fraud was involved in the original promoting of FXground/HD. I even offerd to find the original ads when HD was looking to start before day 1 and they had no interest.
The named plaintiffs will receive I believe is $ 1500 each in addition to the weekly settlement all plaintiffs in the class received. The "East Coast" settlement is a multi state settlement with the payout for my state is something like a paltry $ 38 per qualifying week. Nothing but a damn insult.

bacha29

Still trying to figure out how to get to your Inbox.

dmac1

I think the problem with the fraud claim is that it doesn't apply to a lot of those included in the class. They weren't made all the same promises. I was told by my lawyer that only claims that applied to the entire class could be included. The lawyers should have told you. They probably made the class bigger to comply with the MDL, and then the MDL cases were all sent back to the states anyway. Malpractice by the lawyers, who agreed to represent you, and then made the class so big that a lot of your claims couldn't be asserted. The contract itself doesn't make the same promises that induced you(and me) to sign, and most of the newer drivers based their signing on only what is in the contract. I think there needed to be a class action solely for those who were promised a totally different program in the group recruitment meetings in early 2000

bacha29

The named plaintiffs will receive I believe is $ 1500 each in addition to the weekly settlement all plaintiffs in the class received. The "East Coast" settlement is a multi state settlement with the payout for my state is something like a paltry $ 38 per qualifying week. Nothing but a damn insult.
Correction .....$ 15,000 Another insulting figure given what they have sacrificed .