New management, and policies for my side of HUB. Write up's/firing for misloads.

I've been here for a little over 3 months now, and this place is so complicated and confusing, I still don't understand it. On this site http://makeupsdeliver.org/category/production-harassment/ it says: "What was the frequency of missorts or misloads and the overall accuracy percentage? Use a percentage when considering the amount of mistakes to total packages handled. For example: ten misloads out of 1,000 is still 99 percent accurate and does not warrant discipline." This implies that discipline for wrong cars is based on percentage. I don't know how accurate this is, but it's all I could find.

Anyways, SUPs got switched around a little over a month ago, and they have a whole other set of policies they expect us loaders to follow: We have to follow frequency, which is 1/1100 packages, and you get a write up.

I always get frequency, so I haven't been written up (yet,) but there are some loaders who have been. Will these write ups stick? And, what if someone get's fired? Will that stick? Also, what is this thing about accuracy percentage on that website I posted?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've been here for a little over 3 months now, and this place is so complicated and confusing, I still don't understand it. On this site http://makeupsdeliver.org/category/production-harassment/ it says: "What was the frequency of missorts or misloads and the overall accuracy percentage? Use a percentage when considering the amount of mistakes to total packages handled. For example: ten misloads out of 1,000 is still 99 percent accurate and does not warrant discipline." This implies that discipline for wrong cars is based on percentage. I don't know how accurate this is, but it's all I could find.

Anyways, SUPs got switched around a little over a month ago, and they have a whole other set of policies they expect us loaders to follow: We have to follow frequency, which is 1/1100 packages, and you get a write up.

I always get frequency, so I haven't been written up (yet,) but there are some loaders who have been. Will these write ups stick? And, what if someone get's fired? Will that stick? Also, what is this thing about accuracy percentage on that website I posted?
In 8 years....I have never seen an employee who made book who was fired for misloads.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The Union dosent recognize such production issues,and neither should you. When you get a warning letter file a Harassment grievance and it will be dropped.

As a part time employee all you have to do is show up on time ever day and neither steal anything nor have workplace violence and you'll have a job for life

Your part time supervisors have no real authority or power nor do they have any leadership skills so they rely on Scare tactics,Fear and Intimidation

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Please don't think the crap you find on the TDU's web site is Gospel. While not all content is without merit, it's an anti-Hoffa/Hall group.

3599y7d.jpg

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The Union dosent recognize such production issues,and neither should you. When you get a warning letter file a Harassment grievance and it will be dropped.

As a part time employee all you have to do is show up on time ever day and neither steal anything nor have workplace violence and you'll have a job for life

Your part time supervisors have no real authority or power nor do they have any leadership skills so they rely on Scare tactics,Fear and Intimidation

Gosh, I hope my loader doesn't read your post. She is good for at three or four misloads per driver every day. If she thinks there are no consequences for misloads, I will be even more screwed this peak.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Gosh, I hope my loader doesn't read your post. She is good for at three or four misloads per driver every day. If she thinks there are no consequences for misloads, I will be even more screwed this peak.
at my center people who have that bad of a record are sent back to unloading

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What's making book? What about these write ups? Are they meaningless? Is the info on the site accurate?
They are not meaningless but we are not machines or robots ..despite what ups would like us to be. We screw up and make mistakes sometimes. Learn the phrase "I'm doing the best that I can" and talk to your shop steward.

barnyard

KTM rider
Towards the end of my preload career, another car was added to my lineup. There were addresses that were identical, but the cities were different. I had 2-3 misloads a week. Supes said something about it, but I never got a warning letter.

Towards the end of my preload career, another car was added to my lineup. There were addresses that were identical, but the cities were different. I had 2-3 misloads a week. Supes said something about it, but I never got a warning letter.
They aren't just saying anything about it anymore, they are calling the steward, and writing people up that don't make frequency. Unless of course they favor you for whatever reason.

I haven't been written up yet because I've been making frequency since they started, but I have failed to make it before, so I'm sure it will happen from time to time. I care about my job, I work hard, I show up earlier than scheduled, and I do my best to produce 0 misloads every day. As long as I can get a write up that can lead to me getting fired dismissed, I really don't care about it. I put on the thick skin every morning, and harassment doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just don't want to get fired.

Thanks everyone for easing my mind about this, and teaching me a little more about how this place works. It really helps, and I greatly appreciate it.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Misloads are like any problem at UPS. They will beat their chest and gnash their teeth but do nothing about it but figure a way to blame the driver.

PT Car Washer

Pre load manager blames the PT sup for misloads and PT sup yells at the pre loader. Off SPA's are blamed on the PT unload sup who blames the SPA queen. Nothing changes.