New Member Here

L

lifer

Hello folks! I am excited about being here---I look forward to getting some questions answered and maybe helping some folks out too.

I am a full time driver in texas --- I have been with the company for 9 years.--21 more to go!

U

upsdude

Welcome!

15 years here (all FT Driver) 10 to go! Ooops! Wife just walked in the room, 15 to go, yep, 15 that's it! LOL!

D

dammor

Hello lifer,

Welcome. I'm a full time driver from Texas also. Been with the company 23 years. Almost 20 driving. It's good to get some new blood on the board. Jump in...

D

dannyboy

Welcome from Tennessee! 30 years and five more makes 30. Only at UPS!
icon45.gif

d

U

upslocal480

I'm also welcoming you from Tennessee but with only 4 years in and ??? to go. LOL

L

lifer

thanks for the Welcome!

from what I have seen --- there are some quality folks here!

F

fups

welcome....new myself.... TN here...oakhaven to be correct. couple months from 5yrs here with plenty to go!

U

upslocal480

Oakhaven? Isn't that the OTHER Memphis Hub? Automated also?

D

dannyboy

Memphis? Not only is that the other end of the state, but almost the other side of the country!

We used to be in the Virginia district, but they pawned us off on the Tennessee district.

Welcome!

d

F

fups

Automated..... tell me when to stop laughing!!! suppose to be ... but we get more missorts than i've ever seen. before i was sent to Jokehaven i worked in the bartlett hub also in shelby county(memphis) were i picked off. Working there sorting and picking off I think there are fewer missorts but we run more packages through the building now(in oakhaven)... 30k more... but with a hellofalot more people TOO!!! oh yeah and ALL the belts that stop, don't run, get jammed up,stop running or whatever.......i just don't see how it is any better...

and the one thing i hate the MOST.... More freakin' sups.... what is a FUll time sup for?.... stand around all night.. and the best ... training sups...oh my god.

peace

U

upslocal480

I've heard all of those things before abut Oakhaven. The Fed Ex Ground I worked at had the automated sorter instead of pick offs and all that also. Their misload frequencys were pretty good though from what I remember. When I worked in one of the Nashville Hubs we had a supervisor (full-time) up in smalls for a while then he moved to Memphis and then I heard he ended up getting "booted" to Oakhaven after that. Last name is "Roper". Heard of him? If you work on his shift then I know you've at least heard him because he is quite loud.

F

fups

yeah... works on the mid-night shift.... tall black guy.... VERY loud..nice guy too.

V

vgpa

dannyboy,
30 yrs. and 5 more makes 30. That means you're at UPS for 25 yrs., as a driver? So, IF u started working when you were 20, that would make you 45 yrs. old now. You may even be older. My point is, I don't know how anyone can do that job for all those yrs. and still have your knees. I did it for 30 days and I was almost a cripple, lol. I lived on Motrin.

D

dannyboy

VGPA

A hot tub helps I included the clip art cause some think I look and act like him!

Actually I am 48. Started with UPS in late 1973, but all records seem to have been lost, so officially since Feb 3, 1974. Liked working the preload so well in 73 that I went by there every morning on the way to college to see if they needed help. I guess it paid off.

Seen lots, done lots, know some. IT sure has changed over the years!

d