New Mirror Height? WTH....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I came to work today and both my side mirrors were moved up six-eight inches, making my right top mirror useless. I drove straight to the shop and told them I would refuse to drive a car like this on the road for safety reasons. Mechanic stated that an email they got said all cars would be changed to this. What idiot thinks of this stuff????

IMG_4234.JPG

over9five

Staff member
Were your mirrors close together? They are supposed to be a certain amount apart so you can see between them.
In your case, it was just accomplished foolishly....

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I came to work today and both my side mirrors were moved up six-eight inches, making my right top mirror useless. I drove straight to the shop and told them I would refuse to drive a car like this on the road for safety reasons. Mechanic stated that an email they got said all cars would be changed to this. What idiot thinks of this stuff????

View attachment 130471

So, did you drive it like that

BrownArmy

We did the mirror drill, lined up the package car, put the decals on the side of the car, etc.

Except, that doesn't work for me, I'm taller than most, so I fix the mirrors immediately after leaving the building.

Searching for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
So, did you drive it like that

I have a little bit of sense. Mechanic had already moved mirrors on several cars this morning before I got there. He left his wrench in my car and I moved it up to take the photo. My left isn't such a problem, my right is now back where it should be.

542thruNthru

View attachment 130471

Don't worry I'm sure TearsInRain will tell you how having the mirrors at that height is the best way but if you have a bad mechanic then it won't work. So you probably just have to wait for a new mechanic and then everything will be perfect with your new mirror height.

Hang in there. It shouldn't be long. ;)

KOG72

I’m full of it

View attachment 130471
I use my bottom mirrors most of the time anyways,if we can't see out of it they might as well take it off

Cementups

Box Monkey
We did the mirror drill, lined up the package car, put the decals on the side of the car, etc.

Except, that doesn't work for me, I'm taller than most, so I fix the mirrors immediately after leaving the building.

Searching for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist...

My boss instructed me to use the lines on the truck one day to set my mirrors and I refused. He asked why and I told him, "I'm 6'2" and sit higher up and the guy who set the mirrors is 5'4" and likes to have his seat on the floor. Now show me the math where either one of us would share the same mirror locations." He conceded.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just ask a friendly cop to write you a fix it ticket. They will be happy to do it. I had a couple of problems solved that way. (dim headlights on an old P-600--I got them replaced with top of the line "at the time" halogen lights--- and a hazy window)---both of which the mechanic at the time insisted were "ok". A fix it ticket won't go on your record. It just gives the company a set time to FIX IT.

Ms.PacMan

View attachment 130471
I thought mirrors were to prevent blind spots! I don't know about anyone else but I want to see the four corners of my rear end. The top mirror tilted downward makes me crazy when I can't see the top corner of the truck. We are warned about gutters, tree limbs, eaves, etc. then told to adjust the mirror downward.

My boss instructed me to use the lines on the truck one day to set my mirrors and I refused. He asked why and I told him, "I'm 6'2" and sit higher up and the guy who set the mirrors is 5'4" and likes to have his seat on the floor. Now show me the math where either one of us would share the same mirror locations." He conceded.
This, in reverse for me. They ding me for having my mirrors improperly adjusted but move the seat back to check.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just ask a friendly cop to write you a fix it ticket. They will be happy to do it. I had a couple of problems solved that way. (dim headlights on an old P-600--I got them replaced with top of the line "at the time" halogen lights--- and a hazy window)---both of which the mechanic at the time insisted were "ok". A fix it ticket won't go on your record. It just gives the company a set time to FIX IT.

You suggest that we waste law enforcement's time by writing a meaningless ticket for an issue that can easily be resolved in-house?