New P1000 with A/C

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Boss bought 2 of them
A/C was nice if you were on the way to and from the work area.
Otherwise it was ineffective on a hot and humid day.

And the gas V-10 has used a whole tank in 2 days, my diesel lasted a whole work week. When I fill tomorrow I will have insight on the gallons.

Nolimitz

I just started driving a W1000 w/ AC. It is a diesel not gas. I love it and makes my day bearable in 100+ degree weather. We don't have a high humidity so that may help too. Took me months of begging to get it put on my rte. I have bulk car dealers and was getting killed in a old 700 having to climb on boxes to find stops. The 700 looked like a brick leaving the station

FedGT

Boss bought 2 of them
A/C was nice if you were on the way to and from the work area.
Otherwise it was ineffective on a hot and humid day.

And the gas V-10 has used a whole tank in 2 days, my diesel lasted a whole work week. When I fill tomorrow I will have insight on the gallons.

Yeah not a fan of the gas ones. I have a route that does roughly 75 miles a day that a gas truck is on and he fills up every 3 days. He has A/C but I haven't heard many good things that it works too great.
I picked up 2 new diesel freightliners and much better, need to fill DEF every month but very nice trucks. A/C seems to be better on those but still mainly only works on the way in and out. One driver keeps his doors shut all day but that didn't work too great when I jumped on his truck the other day.

Express Courier

When I first started there was no AC in the trucks I drove in. Literally sweat beads dropping off my head onto packages. Pretty much great AC in 95% of our vehicles now. Those UPS dudes have AC?

SmithBarney

When I first started there was no AC in the trucks I drove in. Literally sweat beads dropping off my head onto packages. Pretty much great AC in 95% of our vehicles now. Those UPS dudes have AC?
No A/C at UPS... it's not as bad as you think.... especially when you think $34/hr no problem, gets even cooler when you are getting OT

asphaltcowboy

I'm here in the south with high humidity and 95-100 all summer long. This past week the heat index didn't fall below 105. It's not bad if you're prepared for it. I smeared every glass door and counter I could with my nasty sweaty back and arms lol!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm here in the south with high humidity and 95-100 all summer long. This past week the heat index didn't fall below 105. It's not bad if you're prepared for it. I smeared every glass door and counter I could with my nasty sweaty back and arms lol!
3-4 times a day I go into a bathroom and soak my shirt with cold water then put it back on. Keeps me cool for a long while.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah not a fan of the gas ones. I have a route that does roughly 75 miles a day that a gas truck is on and he fills up every 3 days. He has A/C but I haven't heard many good things that it works too great.
I picked up 2 new diesel freightliners and much better, need to fill DEF every month but very nice trucks. A/C seems to be better on those but still mainly only works on the way in and out. One driver keeps his doors shut all day but that didn't work too great when I jumped on his truck the other day.
I have a 2011 diesel freightliner and it's great until the emissions system fails (it will) and goes into limp mode. I've had to replace the starter a couple times too but had to have it shipped from Nevada.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I have a 2011 diesel freightliner and it's great until the emissions system fails (it will) and goes into limp mode. I've had to replace the starter a couple times too but had to have it shipped from Nevada.
That figures.

Nationwide you have all these auto parts stores that have plenty of candy and impulse items at the front counter, but yet a critical auto part has to be shipped in from a 1,000 miles away. Sad.

bbsam

Staff member
That figures.

Nationwide you have all these auto parts stores that have plenty of candy and impulse items at the front counter, but yet a critical auto part has to be shipped in from a 1,000 miles away. Sad.
And we are on the receiving end are happy to put overnight shipping charges to get it. Suckers!

FedGT

I'm lucky to be close to a freightliners dealer, they have never had to order me in something like a starter so guess I am lucky that way. Two starters on a 2011, have they checked the teeth on your flywheel? One of the contractors in my terminal changed the starter twice in less than a year come to find out the worthless mechanic put the flywheel on backwards on his bulk truck, and those definitely are not $300-$400 starters

bbsam

Staff member
I'm lucky to be close to a freightliners dealer, they have never had to order me in something like a starter so guess I am lucky that way. Two starters on a 2011, have they checked the teeth on your flywheel? One of the contractors in my terminal changed the starter twice in less than a year come to find out the worthless mechanic put the flywheel on backwards on his bulk truck, and those definitely are not $300-$400 starters
We have a freightliner dealer and a cummins dealer within 15 minutes of our station. On August 7th we will be within 2 minutes of the Cummins dealer. We've had some very interesting happenings with the very early 6.7l Cummins.