New package car questions

Travwise

Was just given a new 6 cube and curious about what other drivers are seeing.

It came with a “whirly bird” vent on the roof, which was immediately removed shade tree mechanic style - the hole on top filled with silicone and the interior hole cover in many layers of electrical tape 😂.I assumed it was removed out of concern over the increased height? Just wondering if they are pulling them off in every center? If not, do the vents help alleviate the heat at all in the back?

Secondly, has anyone came up with a simple hack to help seal the rear door? After one day the rear was absolutely caked in dust. My old 5 cube with worn out weather stripping did a better job sealing than this brand new pc - which is mind boggling to me.

Have a good weekend!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It came with a “whirly bird” vent on the roof, which was immediately removed shade tree mechanic style - the hole on top filled with silicone and the interior hole cover in many layers of electrical tape 😂.I assumed it was removed out of concern over the increased height? Just wondering if they are pulling them off in every center? If not, do the vents help alleviate the heat at all in the back?

Secondly, has anyone came up with a simple hack to help seal the rear door? After one day the rear was absolutely caked in dust. My old 5 cube with worn out weather stripping did a better job sealing than this brand new pc - which is mind boggling to me.

Have a good weekend!

Roll up doors just suck the dust in

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE

Have a good weekend!
Dude the vent is awesome. The new fan system works really well imo. But it is deceiving with the extra inches up top and you really gotta watch that sh** in rural driveways....a few inches might not seem like that much of a difference but I have found myself in a few scenarios where it comes up and you gotta make the decision to pull over and walk it. A stiff tree branch would rip that thing right off of the roof, no doubt
Overall I think it’s a huge improvement. The lack of power sucks when you sputter trying to accelerate onto the highway, but these things turn on a frickin dime and the fan is awesome.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Have a good weekend!

you figure out the handbrake ok

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I don’t know why they just don’t put the foot vents in the cargo area, two on each side, one that takes air in the other towards the back to take the air out. These new package cars are hunks of junk. We have two that with less than 20,000 miles had an engine and transmission replacement. They beep incessantly, it drives me absolutely crazy. The bulkhead doors if on the slightest incline won’t open and holding the fob won’t do anything so you have to start the car again and open it from the starter. Also who’s bright idea was it to get rid of those bumper plate cushions in the back so you could make contact with the rubber padding on docks? Also made a nice handrail. The bumpers are hanging on by thread after a couple good wacks. Only positive is the rear cargo light next to the back up camera.

rod

Retired 22 years
The best way to keep dust out is to leave your cab doors and bulkhead door open while moving. That pressurizes the rear of the truck and will keep the dust out. Oh wait a minute---------------------never mind.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
7172157PFf40JBe.gif

DOK

Dude the vent is awesome. The new fan system works really well imo. But it is deceiving with the extra inches up top and you really gotta watch that sh** in rural driveways....a few inches might not seem like that much of a difference but I have found myself in a few scenarios where it comes up and you gotta make the decision to pull over and walk it. A stiff tree branch would rip that thing right off of the roof, no doubt
Overall I think it’s a huge improvement. The lack of power sucks when you sputter trying to accelerate onto the highway, but these things turn on a frickin dime and the fan is awesome.
How you guys getting new trucks ? Heard no new trucks this year.

iowa boy

Have a good weekend!

You need to seal the floor around the wheel wells and behind the wells to the back of the truck on both sides. I drove one this week and you can see where the dust was blowing in under the edges where the ribs in the floor are. The whirly bird on top does help to keep the back cooler but does nothing to help the dust situation.

You will never seal the rear door as UPS has decided (in their infinite wisdom of door seal design) to use the plastic fingers instead of rubber gaskets to seal the door. The only thing you can do is make sure it latches tightly when you close it.

You also become really aware of all low hanging branches in every driveway you enter and exit out in the country. With yours gone, you don't have to worry about ripping the plastic piece of crap off. Our division manager said if one gets ripped off, its an accident.

specter208

Those new trucks try to start in 2nd gear and hold the higher gears too long when you need power. Ours still have the vents and one of our new P700 went to dealer recently for an oil pressure issue.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Dude, they tested them here....141° in the truck without, 141° on the truck with. Not awesome.
The fans in the front are great in the cab. Still very hot in the rear. Still have to sort in the shade
But I’m happy I got the fan. A little thing that makes a big difference for me