New Package cars

CPUpers

So we got these new package cars in our building that are missing the two springs that go up the rear of the car from the bumper. (Must be a cost saver for UPS.) My only concern would be backing into a dock that has a deep slope. Would you smash the rear of the truck or would your bumper stop you? Anyone see these package cars, and have you have any experience with them?

KOG72

I’m full of it
So we got these new package cars in our building that are missing the two springs that go up the rear of the car from the bumper. (Must be a cost saver for UPS.) My only concern would be backing into a dock that has a deep slope. Would you smash the rear of the truck or would your bumper stop you? Anyone see these package cars, and have you have any experience with them?
We have them in our building,have not heard of anybody cramming them into a wall

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Smash a dock and get back to us.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

image-jpg.103577

@UpstateNYUPSer posted this picture a while back. These new trucks have shocks in lieu of the leaf spring things.

MC0493

We just had 2 of these show up and i was confused as well. Sup pointed out the shock absorber bumper. I'd still rather have the handrail for easier entering/exiting and better contact at docks.