New PC’s

HardknocksUPSer

Is anyone around the country getting new PC’s as far as P500-P-700? We just got a new 2019. I thought they had quit making them.

iOS Image - 245301094.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HardknocksUPSer

Ohh that step is definitely weird to get used to! In my opinion the car seems smaller than the older ones.
They are more narrow.

Seems like it’s smaller length wise and width wise. The RDR and RDL are basically useless in there. The end of the shelf is also higher off of the floor and has a support bar at the end that keeps you from putting your handtrucks on the shelf

Johney

There are a bunch in our lot they park them here as a storage area. Some guy drove one in the other day towing his car with it,funniest thing I've seen in a while.

HardknocksUPSer

There are a bunch in our lot they park them here as a storage area. Some guy drove one in the other day towing his car with it,funniest thing I've seen in a while.
Probably the guy that delivered it from the factory.

Probably so man, the one we got had like a couple hundred miles on it from where they drove it to the center, and those guys have to have a way to get back home.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Is anyone around the country getting new PC’s as far as P500-P-700? We just got a new 2019. I thought they had quit making them.

Ohh that step is definitely weird to get used to! In my opinion the car seems smaller than the older ones.

Seems like it’s smaller length wise and width wise. The RDR and RDL are basically useless in there. The end of the shelf is also higher off of the floor and has a support bar at the end that keeps you from putting your handtrucks on the shelf

These will be for hybrid drivers once the contract is imposed on us.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive

The step area is so small that there is not enough room for your feet if you close the overhead door from in inside.

Haha! Have not seen one towing a personal car yet. Ours get dropped off by homeless looking people that take the bus or train home.

Had one dropped off by a woman so large that you could not see the seat with her sitting in it.. while I was checking the truck in she started hitting on me.. the other mechanics were all busting my balls about it, even the car wash guys heard about it.

Worse part is I had 4 hours or so left in my shift before I could meet up with her.:raspberry-tounge:

Last edited:

HardknocksUPSer

I just got back from integrad so I’m kind of at a crossroads on this whole deal, I work in a small center like 36-38 routes and we don’t have any Saturday ground so I don’t know that we need 22.4 guys because most of our drivers are back by like 6-7 instead of 8-9 like other big hubs so I could potential get grandfathered into the RPCD description or I could end up being one of the first 22.4

HardknocksUPSer

The step area is so small that there is not enough room for your feet if you close the overhead door from in inside.

Haha! Never seen one towing a personal car yet. Ours get dropped off by homeless looking people that take the bus or train home.

Had one dropped off by a woman so large that you could not see the seat with her sitting in it.. while I was checking the truck in she started hitting on me.. the other mechanics were all busting my balls about it, even the car wash guys heard about it.

Worse part is I had 4 hours or so left in my shift before I could meet up with her.:raspberry-tounge:

I really don’t understand that small step, like what is it even for? A roll up door on a package car that size is stupid, should have stuck with the swing open doors.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Judging by the comments, it seems the suit monkeys once again failed to consult with the most knowledgeable people that actually use the vehicles they buy, the Package Car Drivers!

Hello? BULK? STEPS? DOORS? SHELF AREA?

What a bunch of Frickin' morons!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We just get new P-800s and P-1000s, my Hub doesn't get anything smaller. I wish I could get a new P-700, mine is a 2006 with 377K miles on it. I came to work a few weeks ago and they had my route loaded in a brand new 800. They didn't bother to ask me if I wanted it, they don't care for the person who will spend 11-12 hours a day in it's input. I hated it and raised hell and got my old car back. Its slow and beat up like me, I just like it better for my long driveways and it turns on a dime.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
We just get new P-800s and P-1000s, my Hub doesn't get anything smaller. I wish I could get a new P-700, mine is a 2006 with 377K miles on it. I came to work a few weeks ago and they had my route loaded in a brand new 800. I hated it and raised hell and got my old car back. Its slow and beat up like me, I just like it better for my long driveways and it turns on a dime.

We junked a bunch of old 700s this year and all the replacements for them are 800s except for one 600 we got. I would imagine at some point they are going to have to buy some smaller trucks