New Pension Booklet says 100% at 62!

bddaddy

The new booklet I received last month says that at 62 ( with at least 20 years) we will receive 100% of our accrued benefit. It used to be 65 for 100% and 6% less every year you retire earlier than that. Now it's 100% down to 62 and 94% at 61, 88% at 60... The online pension calculator isn't up to date because it takes it off each year before 65.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Need more information... there are a hundred zillion pension formulas out there...and everybody is getting a different story...

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If that was true you could have left years ago....

It is real sad just how little our membership knows about their own pension plans, let alone others. 🙀

In some ways I don’t blame them..such a disparity among our own individual pension and Health and Welfare benefits..👹

The real blame belongs to our prior cut and run leadership who played politics with this pension mess...

It is real sad just how little our membership knows about their own pension plans, let alone others. 🙀

In some ways I don’t blame them..such a disparity among our own individual pension and Health and Welfare benefits..👹

The real blame belongs to our prior cut and run leadership who played politics with this pension mess...
It's Friday night please don't get me started on a pension issues

But the bottom line is these guys need to do rules preparation for themselves

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why give full benefits to those with only 20 years? Doesn't seem healthy to the pension. Should be pro-rated.

bddaddy

you don't get the full pension. you get 100% of your accrued pension instead of it being reduced because you haven't turned 65

Ghost in the Darkness

Ours was 30 and out a little over 10 years ago. There was a reduction and 25 and out was also an option. Then with critical and declining status we had to vote and make an age rquirement so now its 30 and 55 for full pension. Any less than that takes about a 5% hit per year.

Wally

you don't get the full pension. you get 100% of your accrued pension instead of it being reduced because you haven't turned 65
Still, years in and time, make or break a pension. All these pension plans in trouble need to expand working years.

Wally

How old you want to be out here packing cardboard like a damn mule?
55 and 30 years is plenty long enough to do this job
Not my responsibility to worry about your age. Don't want to be in the Central States situation.