New pre-loader employee

Brownsdown

I'm freaking out over here. I was told to text my supervisors an hour prior to me coming in to see if there was work that day for me due to the fact it's a real slow in January-February. I haven't worked in 2 weeks straight. Now they've laid off the pole that sucked mid January, so I have that going for me( they didn't lay me off) I'm always on time, never late. There has been some misleads here, and there. But nothing to the measures of others. I started in November. I judged atarted my 30 day towards my book. About 24 more days,lol. Very stressed here. Please some words of wisdom

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm freaking out over here. I was told to text my supervisors an hour prior to me coming in to see if there was work that day for me due to the fact it's a real slow in January-February. I haven't worked in 2 weeks straight. Now they've laid off the pole that sucked mid January, so I have that going for me( they didn't lay me off) I'm always on time, never late. There has been some misleads here, and there. But nothing to the measures of others. I started in November. I judged atarted my 30 day towards my book. About 24 more days,lol. Very stressed here. Please some words of wisdom
Relax. They pay like #@%& thanks to strong Union negotiations. Folks quit all the time. You will be working steady in no time.

Never stop looking for that second or third job. Happens to everyone in the beginning.

rod

Retired 22 years
Crappy time of year. Even those who are working don't know from day to day what UPS has in store for them. Routes combined-- strange areas to deliver--fighting the weather. I hated this time of year when working.

CanOSup

One of them
Ive heard of laying on the pole, or sucking the pole. But never the pole that sucks. What is this mysterious thing...

watdaflock?

Very stressed here. Please some words of wisdom
Welcome to UPS, noob.

All kidding aside, here in a month or so more people will be scheduling vacation and you'll start working more. Talk to your manager. Ask him if anyone has vacation coming up and if you can work.

Consider for the time being getting a temp job (temp service) which you can blow off and quit without remorse.

Welcome to UPS, noob.

All kidding aside, here in a month or so more people will be scheduling vacation and you'll start working more. Talk to your manager. Ask him if anyone has vacation coming up and if you can work.

Consider for the time being getting a temp job (temp service) which you can blow off and quit without remorse.
I thought most people consider a PT UPS job as a temp job you can blow off and quit without remorse.