tony480

Anyone hear anything from the 4 year progression changing in the new contract ? I heard it’s going down to a 3 yr or up to 5-6
I’m 1 year into driving. So if it went down to a 3 year would i fall into that or stay at the 4 year

Last edited:

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Do you attend?
Yes, The “Brown out” continues. I agree that attending meetings is going to get you relevant info for your area but there isn’t a lot of info out there. Vote yes, then save your money!

Last edited:
Anyone hear anything from the 4 year progression changing in the new contract ? I heard it’s going down to a 3 yr or up to 5-6
I’m 1 year into driving. So if it went down to a 3 year would i fall into that or stay at the 4 year
If the 4 year progression is reduced, then your progression will be reduced.

Dumbo

There actually is a good reason to make the progression shorter. From everything I can tell they cannot keep drivers. Several of our new drivers quit, and I'm guessing thats because they decide the pay isn't worth the the BS. As a result we are always short drivers and there is a ton more OT. Better to make the job more lucrative than less to keep drivers and reduce OT. I took a $10/hr pay cut to be in this job but I have a family and vision for the future. A lot of the younger people entering the workforce do not have kids so don't care about insurance, and don't want to work hard for $18.75/hr

Cementups

Box Monkey
There actually is a good reason to make the progression shorter. From everything I can tell they cannot keep drivers. Several of our new drivers quit, and I'm guessing thats because they decide the pay isn't worth the the BS. As a result we are always short drivers and there is a ton more OT. Better to make the job more lucrative than less to keep drivers and reduce OT. I took a $10/hr pay cut to be in this job but I have a family and vision for the future. A lot of the younger people entering the workforce do not have kids so don't care about insurance, and don't want to work hard for $18.75/hr

Those people need to learn that good things come tp those who wait.
Starting progression is $45k/year. So you're telling me that you should make twice that in 2 years??? Look toward the big picture and see that while you may have given up $10/hr now in the long term you will be making quite a bit more than you were before, including benefits and a pension.
just my $.02

JustDeliverIt

Those people need to learn that good things come tp those who wait.
Starting progression is $45k/year. So you're telling me that you should make twice that in 2 years??? Look toward the big picture and see that while you may have given up $10/hr now in the long term you will be making quite a bit more than you were before, including benefits and a pension.
just my $.02

After working 10+ years as part time it shouldn't take another 4 to get to top rate IMO