New PT Sup Loaded my Air

iDontWorkAtUps

We have a new PT Sup on our belt and he loaded my air onto my truck at the end of the day while i was on another truck and was rushing me to finish before 9. I didnt ask him to help me as he just went on there and just started loading. He doesnt even know that you keep the air out for the driver. Luckily my driver was cool about it and didnt give two :censored2:s. Do i have to let him load my truck or can i tell him I'd rather do it myself?

He is your supervisor so, yeah, you have to let him close out your car if you are running behind.
That's what other hourly's are for. In my center, if you're done with your 3 or 4 cars my PT sup tells hourly's to go help other people who are behind on their trucks including air packages.

iDontWorkAtUps

He is your supervisor so, yeah, you have to let him close out your car if you are running behind.
I mean the whole belt was behind, I guess it was because i was 17 at the time and i was the youngest (18 now). But there is a guy who has a truck that has 700-900 packages that goes to a college and we take three people (including me) to finish it up for about 15-20 minutes.

Id rather him not load even though I'll let him do it, but he doesnt even know not to load airs. That couldve cost UPS who knows how much as i had atleast 5-10

Anthonysg0113

They're not supposed to touch anything unless it's a new hire they're instructing. Or they've exhausted pt's and he has to work. Orherwise, file on him.

RolloTony Brown Town

You tell him to NEVER load your truck again. If he continues, file a grievance.

Technically you can't tell him not to do union work. You are the hourly. You work now, and grieve later. If you're a polite teamster you can remind your supervisor that it is your job to do the work, not his. Whether or not you confront him, you can file a grievance for the amount of time the supervisor was doing your work (because it is the teamsters job to forward the progress of packages).

speedbug577

DH7 Don't ever trust any thing UpstateNYUPSer says when it concerns mgmt. Mgmt is always right thru his eyes. I can hear him saying " I dropped to my knees when he told me because he is my supervisor, never mind that I like the taste"

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We have a new PT Sup on our belt and he loaded my air onto my truck at the end of the day while i was on another truck and was rushing me to finish before 9. I didnt ask him to help me as he just went on there and just started loading. He doesnt even know that you keep the air out for the driver. Luckily my driver was cool about it and didnt give two :censored2:s. Do i have to let him load my truck or can i tell him I'd rather do it myself?

Did you get fired or quit?

Changing your screen name from DH7 to what it is now seems suspicious.