New routes.

Brown Ghost

I am debating taking a new route, but am finding nothing in the Local 31 collective agreement. I want to know a detail; how long can I test it if I can still test it first? Anything else that I need to know?

DriverNerd

Test a route?

Never heard that one.....
Here we can try a won route for two weeks to decide whether we want to take it or go back to our old job. Whether we take it or not means we can not bid on another job for one year. It's different everywhere and for the OP I have no idea what it says for Canada.

Here we can try a won route for two weeks to decide whether we want to take it or go back to our old job. Whether we take it or not means we can not bid on another job for one year. It's different everywhere and for the OP I have no idea what it says for Canada.
No try outs in my building. You win the bid and the job is yours until you win another bid.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
be nice if all these idiots that signed route bids they don’t want not to even sign in the first place…DONT SIGN THE BID IF YOUR NOT GOING TO DO THE ROUTE!!

supervisor: hey can you cover this route

scared little UPS driver: yes master don’t give a scary warning letter

SMH
🧔‍♂️✊

Cowboy Mac

be nice if all these idiots that signed route bids they don’t want not to even sign in the first place…DONT SIGN THE BID IF YOUR NOT GOING TO DO THE ROUTE!!

supervisor: hey can you cover this route

scared little UPS driver: yes master don’t give a scary warning letter

SMH
🧔‍♂️✊
Here you can still turn it down if you sign the bid. I signed everything that came up when I was a cover driver.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sounds like an extra contract agreement was it negotiated or did some overzealous center manager come up with it